Why become a member? ×

Spector thread

alanbass1

On 17/08/2023 at 23:07, ahpook said:

Beautiful !

What's the string spacing at the bridge, do you know ?

It’s 18mm (I got a black one earlier this year).

It makes it easier to play, although a fussy person might say it makes the pickups look a little too wide!

IMG_4720.jpeg

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Tokalo said:

It’s 18mm (I got a black one earlier this year).

It makes it easier to play, although a fussy person might say it makes the pickups look a little too wide!

IMG_4720.jpeg

Ooh, that's lovely, and thanks for the info.

I like narrow string spacing - it's one of the things I really dig about my NS2000.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ahpook said:

Ooh, that's lovely, and thanks for the info.

I like narrow string spacing - it's one of the things I really dig about my NS2000.

And that’s not even the nicest thing about it; the neck is to-die-for (in my opinion)!

Oh, if you need some downsides…

1) it’s got a traditional jazz body - it weighs 9lbs, so it’s not as light as you’d expect from a Spector (but still not “heavy”);

2) the modern machine heads look a bit funny on a trad shaped bass;

3) er, that’s it.

The tonepump jnr and EMG HZs sound great, although I replaced the preamp with a Glock 2-band because I wanted a balance control and a passive option.

In passive, the pickups are fine: I see no need to “upgrade” them, even playing in a loud Dad Rock band - I easily hold my own.

41 minutes ago, Tokalo said:

Oh, if you need some downsides…

1) it’s got a traditional jazz body - it weighs 9lbs, so it’s not as light as you’d expect from a Spector (but still not “heavy”);

2) the modern machine heads look a bit funny on a trad shaped bass;

3) er, that’s it.

The tonepump jnr and EMG HZs sound great, although I replaced the preamp with a Glock 2-band because I wanted a balance control and a passive option.

In passive, the pickups are fine: I see no need to “upgrade” them, even playing in a loud Dad Rock band - I easily hold my own.

You're helping...kinda :)

1 hour ago, Risk101 said:

Ahh yes - I think most Euros LX are 9lb+, and the USA stuff can be very heavy (relatively speaking!!). Are the RSTs chambered or just well chosen woods?

My US Forte 4 is definitely lighter than my LX4. I’d say my LX4 is around 9lbs and my Forte at around 8lbs, and maybe even a little lighter.