Why become a member? ×

Spector thread

alanbass1

I've been enjoying this in the past few months.  It isn't going to replace my Shorty for gigging, though it's a staggeringly beautiful instrument in every way and plays superbly well.  I haven't tried to record it yet but should have that pleasure in the coming weeks.  I'd only really played a Shorty 'til this came along but I can honestly say that it's as good as any bass that I've ever owned or played, and far superior to nearly all (and it's an embarrassingly long list).  The craftwork, fit and finish are up there with the world's very best (but then, so are the prices).  The solid maple wings alone are a thing of beauty.  I'd waited for a long time for a Spector in ultra amber or ultra violet and the finish doesn't disappoint in any way   

ABEDF388-7522-4CB8-9CDF-497DCEC09852.jpeg

D09691FA-4170-4980-B606-B9DDC22D5ABF.jpeg

67ED6D08-B5F8-41F0-8E4F-587CE6FF89BA.jpeg

• Like 10

6 minutes ago, three said:

I've been enjoying this in the past few months.  It isn't going to replace my Shorty for gigging, though it's a staggeringly beautiful instrument in every way and plays superbly well.  I haven't tried to record it yet but should have that pleasure in the coming weeks.  I'd only really played a Shorty 'til this came along but I can honestly say that it's as good as any bass that I've ever owned or played, and far superior to nearly all (and it's an embarrassingly long list).  The craftwork, fit and finish are up there with the world's very best (but then, so are the prices).  The solid maple wings alone are a thing of beauty.  I'd waited for a long time for a Spector in ultra amber or ultra violet and the finish doesn't disappoint in any way   

ABEDF388-7522-4CB8-9CDF-497DCEC09852.jpeg

D09691FA-4170-4980-B606-B9DDC22D5ABF.jpeg

67ED6D08-B5F8-41F0-8E4F-587CE6FF89BA.jpeg

Wow. This looks killer. For a bass like this, BC should introduce a "Mega Like" button 😍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

NCD : Spector NS flight case, many thanks to the team at Bass Central , Florida. Sadly these are not available via the UK distributers although they tried but it wasn’t financially viable. The original TKL Kramer/Spector tolex case is still as new but the Gator version is definitely a step up from it , very surprised that these are not shipped as standard with US models.

5CB3890C-5AB6-4C1E-BCE2-20EDA360BC48.jpeg

22631339-5A77-45F6-A57B-61DFC65EC7BB.jpeg

8DED7E9A-F692-48CD-8A47-619289FE1A99.jpeg

B6008B3D-E677-4684-9495-DE2AE066391D.jpeg

Edited by BritBass 2
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, BritBass 2 said:

NCD : Spector NS flight case, many thanks to the team at Bass Central , Florida. Sadly these are not available via the UK distributers although they tried but it wasn’t financially viable. The original TKL Kramer/Spector tolex case is still as new but the Gator version is definitely a step up from it , very surprised that th

Very nice indeed - agree the standard Spector hard case isn’t the best. Your new one looks quite similar to the plush ones that Fender (sorry to use that word here!!) use for their “deluxe” basses.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BritBass 2 said:

NCD : Spector NS flight case, many thanks to the team at Bass Central , Florida. Sadly these are not available via the UK distributers although they tried but it wasn’t financially viable. The original TKL Kramer/Spector tolex case is still as new but the Gator version is definitely a step up from it , very surprised that these are not shipped as standard with US models.

I was taking a look at these for my Spector (I'm not really impressed with Spector's standard tolex cases), though as you say BritBass, not easy to source in the UK.  Fortunately, I have a lot of colleagues/contacts in the US and shipping is reasonably straightforward.  In the end, I went for the SKB iSeries - a very formidable case indeed, though without the Spector logo.  Good to have adequate protection for such beautiful instruments!  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, three said:

I was taking a look at these for my Spector (I'm not really impressed with Spector's standard tolex cases), though as you say BritBass, not easy to source in the UK.  Fortunately, I have a lot of colleagues/contacts in the US and shipping is reasonably straightforward.  In the end, I went for the SKB iSeries - a very formidable case indeed, though without the Spector logo.  Good to have adequate protection for such beautiful instruments!  

Although many British musicians have  over the years used the NS 2 model , it still remains quite elusive on  these shores . No doubt the unfavourable exchange rates plus Warwick’s European dominance has pushed US made products further down the ‘must have’ list .

Edited by BritBass 2
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, BritBass 2 said:

Although many British musicians have  over the years used the NS 2 model , it still remains quite elusive on  these shores . No doubt the unfavourable exchange rates plus Warwick’s European dominance has pushed US made products further down the ‘must have’ list .

You are right! Not many ns2’s come up for sale over here, and the ones that do are usually snapped up by @cetera 😂😂

at least euros are reasonably easy to come by!

• Haha 3

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Arrived on Friday.... finally after a 9 month wait (partly due to Brexshit)....

Spector Euro Classic 4 in solid red!

Gorgeous colour and plays beautifully. Sound great through my Class D with headphones but haven't had a chance to play it at volume through a rig yet... 😉

20210611_133108.jpg

20210614_145131.jpg

20210614_145144.jpg

• Like 6

Posted this elsewhere but I guess this is it's natural home.  So here is my NSD - New Spector Day.  It was love at first sight, never picked up or played a Spector before and now I have, that's it, Spector's for me from now.  It feels brilliant to play and sounds awesome.  I couldn't be happier.  All I need now is band to play with.....NS-4 in Shoreline Violet special finish.

20210608_204821.jpg

20210608_204802.jpg

20210605_193947.jpg

20210603_195738.jpg

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Urban Bassman said:

Posted this elsewhere but I guess this is it's natural home.  So here is my NSD - New Spector Day.  It was love at first sight, never picked up or played a Spector before and now I have, that's it, Spector's for me from now.  It feels brilliant to play and sounds awesome.  I couldn't be happier.  All I need now is band to play with.....NS-4 in Shoreline Violet special finish.

20210608_204821.jpg

20210608_204802.jpg

20210605_193947.jpg

20210603_195738.jpg

Wow. Wow. Wow 🤩

I saw this on BD's website and fortunately (for my bank account) it was not there long enough for me to do something silly 😉

Killer looking bass. Enjoy 👍

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Urban Bassman said:

that's it, Spector's for me from now.

Yeah, that's pretty much what most people feel when they play a Spector. I still love my Jazz and the Precisions but for recording, you just cannot beat a Spector. For metal, I don't think there's a better bass.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, TheGreek said:

I thought this was the natural finish (added coloured excepted) - have Spector created this patternation?? 

It's a special finish called Shoreline, I believe.  They've only made two with this finish so far and I think Mark at Bass Direct has ordered another.  I have no idea how they do it though, but it's all hand finished in their new custom shop, the photos do not do it justice. 

• Rich changed the title to Spector thread