Why become a member? ×

Spector thread

alanbass1

9 minutes ago, Jellyfish said:

Hi all, got a question about a possible purchase that I'm hoping some wonderful Spector-owner can answer!

I've been offered a Euro 4 LX (bolt on, with Aguilar pickups) for £925. Seems like a good condition instrument but I'm find it hard to see previous examples online or find good sound samples. Given the good condition, can anyone advise on whether or not it's worth trying to haggle? My gut feeling is that it's a very fair price but I thought I'd check with those more knowledgeable than me first. :) 

If it's a bolt on it isn't a Euro 4 LX.

It's possibly a ReBop or a Eurobolt if it's definitely made in Czech republic. Any pics?

Without knowing what it is for sure.... and the condition etc it's impossible to know whether the price is good. There is a Eurobolt on ebay at the moment for the same kind of price if that helps...?

1 hour ago, cetera said:

If it's a bolt on it isn't a Euro 4 LX.

It's possibly a ReBop or a Eurobolt if it's definitely made in Czech republic. Any pics?

Without knowing what it is for sure.... and the condition etc it's impossible to know whether the price is good. There is a Eurobolt on ebay at the moment for the same kind of price if that helps...?

Ah, that makes sense. I've been told it's Czech made and I trust the person when they say the condition is 9/10. :) 

7 hours ago, Jellyfish said:

Hi all, got a question about a possible purchase that I'm hoping some wonderful Spector-owner can answer!

I've been offered a Euro 4 LX (bolt on, with Aguilar pickups) for £925. Seems like a good condition instrument but I'm find it hard to see previous examples online or find good sound samples. Given the good condition, can anyone advise on whether or not it's worth trying to haggle? My gut feeling is that it's a very fair price but I thought I'd check with those more knowledgeable than me first. :) 

Is that the one currently on eBay?? Tobacco burst bolt on with pj pickups?

33 minutes ago, Damonjames said:

Is that the one currently on eBay?? Tobacco burst bolt on with pj pickups?

It's not but I just saw that - looks lovely! 

Thanks for all the feedback. Might have to keep my eye out for a well-priced neck thru. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I would like some assistance if I may, I recently picked up a Spector Legend Custom with the EMG HZ pickups, volume, blend, stacked bass / treble and a tone pot? (that's how it seems to be set up anyway!) I love the way it plays but hate the sound of it, it is very bass light and generally weak sounding, can anyone recommend a decent pre-amp or something else to improve the sound of it....the one thing I actually really like about the current set up is the tone control, I like how that interacts with the bass / treble controls but I will happily fore go that to improve the general sound.....the battery is new so it is not a low battery issue

Cheers

Rog 

Replace the pickups with EMG 34 P4 and 35 J active pickups. This should bring the bass alive.

If still not happy, upgrade the preamp to an EMG BQC (if you want 3 band eq) or EMG BTS/Spector Tonepump preamp (with trimpot) if you want a 2 band option.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, cetera said:

Replace the pickups with EMG 34 P4 and 35 J active pickups. This should bring the bass alive.

If still not happy, upgrade the preamp to an EMG BQC (if you want 3 band eq) or EMG BTS/Spector Tonepump preamp (with trimpot) if you want a 2 band option.

Thank you, it has the soap bar EMG-HZ's on it at the moment, I will have a look and see if I can find a tonepump pre-amp 

4 hours ago, Roger2611 said:

Thank you, it has the soap bar EMG-HZ's on it at the moment, I will have a look and see if I can find a tonepump pre-amp 

Yes, but you will need to upgrade them to full EMG P & J in soapbar format. They are a lot more full/powerful than the Hz versions...

@cetera If it’s a legend custom, don’t these come with a 3 band eq??

In my experience, the lower end emg preamps are always lacking with passive pickups. The emg bqc is a great alternative, or possibly even go a tonepump? You will certainly not be looking for bass with a tonepump lol....

someone in this parish might have a spare or two 😉

• 1 month later...

Some beautiful basses in here. I had an older red Euro 5LX for a couple of years and sold it a while back - Sounded incredible but it was a heavy beast and the 5th string was surplus to requirements. Wasn't a big fan of the bridge either - pretty sure there was no intonation screws, but it looks like the current ones do?

20170721_172153.jpg

Gotta admit I'm finding myself looking at the Tiger Eye Euro 4LT a lot this past few days... Ticks a lot of boxes for me!

15040165.jpg

Edited by Ramsay777

Yeah, the early bridges don’t have intonation screws, but are adjustable, there is just a bit of a knack to doing it. Once you set and lock it, they rarely need adjusting thought. 
they don’t make the Spector 5’s light either, mine weighs in just over 5kg, but I don’t use it live so it’s nonissue for me at the moment. I’d love the new euro classic 5 though!!!

the tiger eye looks killer too!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This early Christmas present landed on my doorstep on Christmas Eve....a Spector Euro4 Classic ( lefty ).

I'm usually a Fender guy, but loving the Spector, i haven't put it down since it arrived. Think it could become my new main gigging bass when we're allowed to get back out there 👍

IMG_20201224_101412_resized_20201224_042444182.jpg

IMG_20201224_101332_resized_20201224_041909863.jpg

• Like 8

• Rich changed the title to Spector thread