Why become a member? ×

Spector thread

alanbass1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Bassman666 said:

Yesterday picked up an absolute bargain of a bass and my first spector 😎 this beauty rebop! Some fresh slinkies, a new battery and a quick clean, she sounds awesome! 

DSC_0341.JPG

DSC_0342.JPG

Ah - was that one from Brighton? I looked at that on Gumtree and thought about buying it but really can't justify another 4-String. If it was a 5 string, I'd have probably pulled the trigger.

Truss rod needed a little tweak but now plays great. The emg hz aren't fantastic pickups but the bass still sounds awesome. Very resonant when played acoustically which translates nicely when plugged in... Still not quite as nice as my lakland but a lovely bass none the less! 

57 minutes ago, Bassman666 said:

Truss rod needed a little tweak but now plays great. The emg hz aren't fantastic pickups but the bass still sounds awesome. Very resonant when played acoustically which translates nicely when plugged in... Still not quite as nice as my lakland but a lovely bass none the less!  

Nice one. Aa I mentioned on another thread, if you swap the pre-amp out for an EMG BTQ pre then it'll transform the sound of the bass completely and improve it no end. The Tone Pump on the Rebop isn't the greatest of pre-amps and many people rip them out and replace them ASAP.

Can't get over what a bargain that was. They usually go for at least £500

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Chopthebass said:

I have a Euro5LT on order. Has new Bartolinis and Darkglass. Sounds interesting. I will post pics if I ever receive it!!

I have the new 4LT in violet fade - Barts/DG make for an awesome punchy/grinding tone!

Edited by cetera
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, cetera said:

I have the new 4LT in violet fade - Barts/DG make for an awesome punchy/grinding tone!

That's the colour I am getting. Was going to get the tiger eye, but I have seen stunning examples and also pretty bland ones. Good to know the tone is good.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The Euros come in matt black and I think matt blue for some models. Not aware of any other models but happy to be corrected on that. I think they do custom colours too so if someone has ordered a matt finish bass and is selling it then that's the only way you'll get a matt finish.

11 hours ago, BassApprentice said:

So I've got a Tanglwood Bassmaster Funk (Spector copy) and it's my got to jamming bass and I love the look and feel of it - my question is do the Euros come in a Satin/Matt finish or are they all high gloss? From reading I feel a used Euro would be the place to go rather than the Legend. 

A Euro is a great bass to go for. As for the finish I’ve seen a clear matt in stained black or gloss finish in most other colours. The Matt finish seems more rare on the Euro though and was mostly used on the now discontinued Rebop bolt on neck basses. 👍

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BassApprentice said:

So I've got a Tanglwood Bassmaster Funk (Spector copy) and it's my got to jamming bass and I love the look and feel of it - my question is do the Euros come in a Satin/Matt finish or are they all high gloss? From reading I feel a used Euro would be the place to go rather than the Legend. 

Some of the older Euro and EuroLX models came in natural satin wood and were beautiful instruments. They come up occasionally in the used section here....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cetera said:

Some of the older Euro and EuroLX models came in natural satin wood and were beautiful instruments. They come up occasionally in the used section here....

Yeah my other Euro is a natural colour in a matt finish. I think mine dates from 2013.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Rich changed the title to Spector thread