Why become a member? ×

Spector thread

alanbass1

[quote name='spectoremg' timestamp='1499558257' post='3332226']
[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Custom-1993-SSD-Stuart-Spector-Design-NS-4C-Bass-Guitar-/322575784735?hash=item4b1b03db1f:g:FRQAAOSw9~5ZWMQe"]http://www.ebay.co.u...RQAAOSw9~5ZWMQe[/url]

Guys, can you run your eyes over this please - seems a bit weird to me.
[/quote]

This used to be mine. It's an old European SSD which the original owner (before me) remodelled to include the dark wood mahogany inserts. A strange one that I bought cheap from him then sold on a year or two later for a similarly reduced but slightly profiting price. The next owner then sold it on again to this seller who has raised the price considerably! lol!
It's an OK bass - not as good as it once was as it's been messed with and certainly not worth what the current ebay seller has it at!
An oddity for sure...

• 11 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I've noticed a number of pictures are no longer showing, maybe due to the move to the new site? ☹️

Any-hoo, these are my current ones in the house. Sorry, not a great pic as the light doesn't show how the red pops!

Left to right..

40th Anniversary Euro... Not LX, solid flamed maple wings. Ebony board and a modded Tone Pump for pan/vol/tone

Custom built Swamp Ash Forte 5 XL Helium. Outside of the standard spec it has Hipshots, 40DC's and OBP 3 and a double S inlay on the 12th. Weighs a touch over 8lbs. I had Stuart Spector hand this to me personally at the LBGS...

Vf7ntBXm.jpg&key=cafc51ff06b830ab23f65c507423dbad171fe43e0bb1e8757e7f15bb1d612b97

Finally my NS2 Helium. Quilt maple over reclaimed water tank redwood. 9V Haz, Abalone, the whole 9 yards. Sometime I pick this bass up and it floors me just what a work of art it is. If you ever want an NS2 which shows you the difference between US and Czech built, this is it.

WP_20181110_09_27_42_Rich.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
  • Rich changed the title to Spector thread