Why become a member? ×

Spector thread

alanbass1

[quote name='spectoremg' timestamp='1421616635' post='2663388']
The Aguilar pups look cool on the Helium too. What's the difference with those?
[/quote]

As far as I can tell they're single coils in a soapbar size. The bass can be switched active/passive, too.
I've not heard them yet, however.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought i would post this question here instead of repairs and technical as i thought i was more likely to get a response. I have a 2002 US Spector and I am attempting to adjust the truss rod for the 1st time. I don't have an assorted Allen Key set..... yet. I have tried all the allen keys i have, a couple were close, but no cigar. Have had a look here http://www.spectorworld.com/setupprocedure.htm and it mentions about a 4mm wrench. I'm assuming this means a 4mm allen key. Is there a specific Spector truss rod adjuster i need, or do i just need to get my backside down to a hardware shop and pick up a could of different allen key sets (as i need the small ones for doing the bridge too). I thought this was where to come. Payment may be forth coming in the shape of pics of my 2 spectors.... that should be on here anyway!!

[quote name='The Badderer' timestamp='1422632041' post='2674929']
I have a 2002 US Spector and I am attempting to adjust the truss rod for the 1st time. I don't have an assorted Allen Key set..... yet. I have tried all the allen keys i have, a couple were close, but no cigar.
[/quote]

I have a 2002 Euro and that takes a 5mm key. But it's a Czech-build, so I'm not sure if that makes a difference or not.

You might want to get yourself a 3.5mm size also. On my NS5XL the 4mm size is too big and the 3mm size is too small.
My 30 piece allen key set doesn't have a 3.5 mm size so I can't be absolutely certain.
Also the 1/8 size is too big and the 7/64 is too small.

[quote name='The Badderer' timestamp='1422651287' post='2675313']
...gonna get a few different sets as i have US, German, UK and Korean made US designed basses, so prob need to get imperial and metric. also need to get slimline spanner set.
[/quote]

Just get a Snap-On Tools van to follow you to gigs and rehearsals. :D

HA!!! to be fair this will probably be the more cost effective option!! I'm contemplating what will happen if i take more than 2 basses into somewhere like Maplin and sit in the corner trying different tools before i buy them.... BTW anyone have any recommendation for tools makers to use / avoid like the plague?

[quote name='spectoremg' timestamp='1422691291' post='2675628']
[url="http://www.basscentral.com/pdimages/2014/BLOWUPS%202014/Spector%20Euro%204%20LX%20Silver%20Burst%2011221%20blowup.php"]http://www.basscentral.com/pdimages/2014/BLOWUPS%202014/Spector%20Euro%204%20LX%20Silver%20Burst%2011221%20blowup.php[/url]
WOW!
[/quote]

Silverburst? Almost Mastodon-esque!

Edited by Bassmurf

Guys - help!
I'm shaping up to satisfy some serious Spector GAS with an LX4 TW but I'm a bit confused re the finish. Both are described as Matt Black Stain but are clearly different. I prefer the one in the body only pic. The Spector site isn't very helpful (a finish gallery would be useful). Any advice?

Edited by spectoremg