Why become a member? ×

obbm's feedback

obbm

Over the past 18 months a number of people have posted some really nice comments in my feedback thread. It will be such a shame to lose these.

I have retrieved these from BT and would like to put them into a consolidated comment post unless anyone has any objections, or indeed wants to post again.

Edited by obbm

[quote name='obbm' post='532' date='May 17 2007, 04:54 PM']Over the past 18 months a number of people have posted some really nice commenst in my feedback thread. It will be such a shame to lose these.

I have retrieved these from BT and would like to put them into a consolidated comment post unless anyone has any objections, or indeed wants to post again.[/quote]

Good idea Dave - I'm thinking of doing the same thing myself...

Nik

[quote name='obbm' post='532' date='May 17 2007, 04:54 PM']Over the past 18 months a number of people have posted some really nice commenst in my feedback thread. It will be such a shame to lose these.

I have retrieved these from BT and would like to put them into a consolidated comment post unless anyone has any objections, or indeed wants to post again.[/quote]

I'd like to post again to say OBBM is the finest person to deal with and deals nothing but the finest in cabling.

[size=2][b]Bassworld and Basstalk Feedback[/b][/size]

[quote]Bought a nice little converter lead to run those pesky EHX pedals off the 9v power bank ( boss type barrel to EHX mini jack ).

Worked a treat for my EHX Dr Q. Shame EHX keep moving the bloody goalposts - they changed the size of the mini jack on my newly acquired Mini Q so i may just have to get another some time - they save having an extra plug cluttering up the place.

[b]Bonzo - Nov 23 2005[/b][/quote]

[quote]bought Dave's Musicman Cutlass - it was a smooth and very enjoyable transaction. He was very patient! (PS: Dave, did you see the cutlass that sold on US Ebay last week? :shock:)

His instrument cables are very good quality and competitively priced also.

[b]Crazykiwi - Nov 23 2005[/b][/quote]

[quote]Bought an early John East Pre amp off him, great guy to deal with and my first purchase via bassworld.

Also bought 2 power supply cables, boss to 3.5mm worked great.

[b]Tayste_2000 – Nov 23 2005[/b][/quote]

[quote]probably like a few people on BW, I have bought some of Daves cables. Speakon to speakon cable for my amp/cab to be exact. Good quality, good price arrived in a couple of days - no hassles. If I need any more cables, I'll be giving Dave my custom and have no problems recommending him to you all.

[b]Gwilym – Nov 23 2005[/b][/quote]

[quote]Bought a musicman sterling from Dave many moons ago (which is now in the hands of someone on the EBMM forums- have you seen it Dave?), really nice guy to deal with and was very patient with sorting payment out. Bass was fantastic and packaged very well.

Also bought an EHX power cable from him a few weeks back, again had a pleasant transaction Cable was top notch and if i need any more i know where to go!

Top bloke!

[b]Waldo - Nov 23 2005[/b][/quote]

[quote]I've bought a few cables from Dave. Top bloke. :razz:
Slaphappygarry Nov 23 2005
patch leads made specifically to measure

great price and great leads

cheers

[b]Brycebites - Nov 23 2005[/b][/quote]

[quote]Dave is, quite simply, the man! His cables are triffic, he's a great person to deal with, and he is also a font of all knowledge regarding things bass.

[b]Walbassist - Nov 23 2005[/b][/quote]

[quote]Bought a cable to make the normal 9v cable into the 3.5mm one. Great quality and great service,

Thanks very much!

[b]Jamiepyrite - Nov 23 2005[/b][/quote]

[quote]Bought my Ashdown mini48 cab offhim. Great guy to deal with.

[b]Kneal6 - Nov 24 2005[/b][/quote]

Edited by obbm

[size=2][b]Bassworld and Basstalk Feedback - continued[/b][/size]

[quote]Bought speaker cable and instrument lead.Great cables and great to deal with.

[b]TheWigfinderGeneral - Nov 24 2005[/b][/quote]

[quote]yet another deal from the OBBM - couple of luvverly red Van Damme/ Neutriks cables - mega fast turn around. Quality !

Dave is 'The Cable Guy' .. go and see the film , he's hilarious

[b]Bonzo - Dec 7 2005[/b][/quote]

[quote]Bought a couple of rather splendid speaker cables this week, quick delivery, quality product, great to deal with. Nice one!

Max

[b]redroque1 - Dec 7 2005[/b][/quote]

[quote]Got some speaker cables off Dave that were made to my specs. Very quick delivery and the cables are excellent. Can't recommend him highly enough.

If you want quality cables at very reasonable prices Dave's your man.

[b]Status - Dec 17 2005[/b][/quote]

[quote]Bought an Akai Deep Impact off Dave, smooth transaction and very helpful!

[b]Thumbo - Dec 26 2005[/b][/quote]

[quote]Realising that a right angled cable is much better on a Fender I've just ordered one

Peter

[b]Green-King - Dec 26 2005[/b][/quote]

[quote]I've brought leads from dave for my mixer, amp and speakers - excellent. he's always at the other end of an e-mail/phone line to answer my questions regardless or help bail me out. organised the Epifest with Gareth so as I could pop down and play with toys.

I'll simply say OBBM- top bloke! Buy from dave with confidence. do I get a doscount on the QSC now dave? LOL

[b]Funnyfreddie - Dec 29 2005[/b][/quote]

Edited by obbm

[quote]Just bought a pair of speaker cables from Dave, they were ordered on Friday and arrived in the post on Monday. Great service and great cables, everyone here should buy them!

[b] TheRev - Jan 23 2006[/b][/quote]

[quote]Great Bloke, Excellent seller - will deal with again.

[b] LukeWard2004 - Jan 25 2006[/b][/quote]

[quote]Ordered some linking cables from Dave. Prompt pricing, quick turn round & excellent cables, exactly to the spec I ordered. Would have no hesitation in using Dave again, or recommending his services to anyone. Top stuff!

[b]Rumblebass - Feb 15 2006[/b][/quote]

[quote]Hello,

I've just bought a speakon cable from Dave(cause I was too dam lazy to make it myself to enable me to run my amp in bridged mode.It turned up here really quickly,not to mention the cable he uses is high quality and not the usual stuff that's used for speakon cables.

Thanks Dave!!! Top Man

[b] Drpepper99uk - Feb 18 2006 [/b][/quote]

[quote]Custom Klotz cable with speakons. Perfectly made at a great price. Excellent.

[b]Muppet - Mar 1 2006[/b][/quote]

[quote]I have recently bought cables from Dave and am very impressed with the quality , service, and fast turnaround.
Cheers Dave

[b] Wayne58 - Mar 2 2006 [/b][/quote]

[quote]I've just taken delivery of some special order cables for my Alembic - inquired on Sunday, parts arrived Wednesday, cables delivered Friday. Amazing!

[b] Crazykiwi - Mar 3 2006 [/b][/quote]

[quote]bought a cable off him off ebay. arrived very quickly and did the job perfectly. cheers!!

[b] Kris_owen - Mar 24 2006 [/b][/quote]

Edited by obbm

[quote]Well, he makes good cables and sends them quickly, and they are good value.

That should cover it

Very good

[b] Nottswarwick - Mar 28 2006 [/b][/quote]

[quote]What a legend, asked to buy it on the Thursday, he agreed to drive up and meet this afternoon at Putney Bridge, he had some other business with Gwilym. Smooth transaction took about 40 mins roundtrip altogether easy as that and at the end of the day I’m an Epifani 1x10 better off.
Top bloke!
Cheers Dave.

[b] Oddjob - Apr 29 2006 [/b][/quote]

[quote]big thanks to OBBM for fitting me in with other London BW business and saving me a drive to darkest Surrey ;-)

it's such a nice case I might keep it for myself and use one of my old knackered ones for shipping.

Dave, pleasure to meet you and have a bit of a chat!

[b] Gwilym - Apr 29 2006 [/b][/quote]

[quote]Been using Daves cables for a while, great quality, never let me down, bit like the bloke himself really!
Recently bought a short scale bass off him for the daughter, excellent nick,decently priced and made me a nice cuppa, but more importantly, the daughter is overjoyed!

[b]Andyonbass - May 2 2006 [/b][/quote]

[quote]Bought a EHX voltage mod adaptor thing for my muff - works a treat, totally great value and super super quick delivery, arrived following day! what a great bloke!

Cheers

[b]Nideckerriderdude - May 17 2006[/b][/quote]

[quote]What a great guy! i just bought an Akai uni bass effects pedal off him. Its in great condition and im very happy with it. Cheers mate!

[b] Bassballs - May 24 2006[/b][/quote]

[quote]Just recieved the cable this morning, great quality, I can actually notice the difference in tone.
Definitely ordering some more cables when I need them.

[b]Pitchfork - May 31 2006[/b][/quote]

[quote]got a power amp and 3u flight (not the silly little abs ones but a full propper flight case) for £100

shipped really fast and generally an awesome deal

highly recomended

[b] Slaphappygarry - Jun 11 2006 [/b][/quote]

[quote]Bought two right angled jack cables off him, arrived quickly, and are just what the doctor ordered

[b] Mobius - Jun 13 2006[/b][/quote]

[quote]Brilliant! Finally ordered a couple of Bassic cables, not only was there an almsot instantaneous reply but the cables were shipped less than 24hours later.

Wonderful

[b]Merton - Aug 23 2006 [/b][/quote]

Edited by obbm

[quote]Bought another cable and a rather nice little compressor. All top stuff and delivered very speedily.

Cheers!

[b]RichBowman - Aug 25 2006 [/b][/quote]

[quote]Supplied a pair of excellent quality speaker cables at a great price and with a one day turnaround. Excellent.

[b] Bassbloke - Aug 26 2006 [/b][/quote]

[quote]Just received my two cab leads and two instrument leads and I'm very impressed. Dave turned my order 'round really quickly and even sent me a cheque to cover my postage miscalculation.

Great to deal with and a superb product. Any BWers buying leads from shops should be sectioned.

Thanks Dave.

[b] Homerplaysbass - Aug 27 2006 [/b][/quote]

[quote]Thanks guys. I am happy if you are.

Alan, pleased to read that you can hear the difference with the speaker cables. There is no substitute for high quality low resistance copper between amp and speakers to increase the Damping Factor. My next project is to upgrade the internal wiring of my speaker cabs.

[b] Obbm - Aug 27 2006 [/b][/quote]

[quote]When I plugged in with the new cables you very kindly supplied, the difference was immediately apparent. It sounded like I'd been playing previously with a cover over my cab if that makes sense and I've never skimped on cables. Your cables are something else Dave.

[b] Homerplaysbass - Aug 27 2006 [/b][/quote]

[quote]Hi Dave

Thanks for the brilliant cables and super-fast delivery!! Just what I needed for the weekend's gigging..Your product's quality and prices put all my local music shops to shame and I can only echo what homerplasbass has to say. Not only that, you've been an absolute Gent to deal with.

Highly, highly recommended...Only problem is I now want to replace every lead/cable I have with one of yours, which I'll have to do in 'phases' I think otherwise my better half will start to complain...!

Cheers

[b] Silverfoxnik - Sep 28 2006 [/b][/quote]

[quote]Bought a planetwaves lead from Sound Control in Newcastle, took it home, unpacked it and it was a dud, so I took it back.

They didn't have any more in stock so they replaced it with a Control cable with fancy gold jacks. Took that home and played with it for about a day before one of the jacks malfunctioned (the tip is spinning and obviously this has broken the solder joint).

So on wednesday afternoon I pm Dave about a 6m with silent jack do-dah, wire him the money and today (Friday) I receive my lead which works perfectly and the silent do-dah is the dogs nads imho.

Thanks again Dave, and well done, thats what I call customer service!

[b]JPJ - Oct 13 2006 [/b][/quote]

[quote]just bought a couple of speaker cables off Dave today and he made a marshall footswitch work with my gp12smx! He truly is a genius Not to mention a great guy!

So yeah, overall very impressed and will definitely be buying more cables and stuff off him.

Cheers Dave!

[b] TheRinser - Oct 18 2006 [/b][/quote]

[quote]Dave just sold his SR5 to the guitarist in the band I'm in .Tony (...said guitarist) was really pleased with his purchase which will get plenty of use in his studio...I had a play on the bass last night and it's a great sounding bass! An absolute bargain IMHO..Tony said thanks by the way Dave - he enjoyed meeting you. Glad to have helped out by the way...

[b] Silverfoxnik - Oct 26 2006 [/b][/quote]

Edited by obbm

[quote]Helped me out in a cable dilemma, great little cable too.
Now i think i'll probably buy all my cables from him.

Cheers again!

[b] Ant - Nov 8 2006 [/b][/quote]

[quote]bought a 9v pedal power cable, dave advised me on which i needed and posted the same day i paid for next day delivery. Always a pleasure to do business with.

Cheers

[b] Oddjob - Nov 9 2006 [/b][/quote]

[quote]F**k me. Finally got a chance to use the speaker cables in anger last night, what a f**king marvel! The bass response seemed to jump into the stratosphere, so much so that my old EQ'ing for the Clapham Grand had to be completely revised (er, turned off). Massive improvement in my sound, just what I needed!

Cheers Dave, you're a legend

[b]Merton - Nov 11 2006 [/b][/quote]

[quote]bought various cables/leads from Dave - they are great! - quick delivery - good service - good product - next time you need anything make sure you PM Dave!

[b]Loudandclear - Nov 28 2006 [/b][/quote]

[quote]Bought two speaker cables from Dave on Saturday.

HOLY HELL !!!! I didn't realise my gear sounded that good !!!
Anyone who is serious about getting the best from their gear should order their cables straight away and hear how much difference a superbly made cable can make.

Also, he's a great bloke, makes a blinding cup of tea and to see his 5 string MM in the flesh is a joy.

I know where I'm going from now on !!

[b] RoadDog - Nov 13 2006 [/b][/quote]

[quote]well well the precision i recieved is amazing. probably my favourite bass i own now.

[b] Nash - Nov 13 2006 [/b][/quote]

[quote]FAST! He gets quicker every order - items ordered Tuesday PM - received Wednesday morning.

(He must have jumped in the car as RM usually sucks)

Cheers Dave

[b] Bleedproof - Nov 16 2006 [/b][/quote]

[quote]Have just put in my third order with Dave - without explaining the details - I can only say that he is a top bloke and has been superb in responding to my order.

Sometimes I can see posts where people are looking to get that bit extra and cheaper - should I go for the 'ebay special' reall cheap price decision?

In my experience Dave supplies top quality cables and I would pay a bit extra to have the confidence that I was using the best.

[b]Below - Nov 17 2006 [/b][/quote]

[quote]what a top chap!
despite my confusion, he made me the perfect cable for the job!
Many thanks, and if I need anything further cable-wise, I'll be in touch!!
Bloody quick too!!

[b] Dudewheresmybass - Dec 5 2006 [/b][/quote]

Edited by obbm

[quote]I was after some very specific cables and Dave was very patient with me as I tried to work out what those specifics were!

Quality was top notch as usual and if delivery gets any quicker then next time they'll be arriving before they're even ordered.

[b] Muppet - Dec 6 2006 [/b][/quote]

[quote]Just got my second order of cables from Dave.

First was a speaker cable and some patch leads, all are excellent !

The order just arrived was for a muting lead, it's very well made and works perfectly !

Thanks Dave !

[b] Alpha-Dave - Dec 17 2006 [/b][/quote]

[quote]I got him to price up a pile of cables without having a technical clue in my head, then after failing to actually place the order I changed my rig and therefore had to revised the whole order - let's face it I know he's in business but I'd have been a little tetchy with me! No problems at all howevcer, just patience and helpfullness. Now I know I'm putting my stuff through the right cables. I will shop with OBBM again.

[b]Stewblack - Jan 5 2007 [/b][/quote]

[quote]Dave put me a rack power strip together for me over Christmas and, as usual, continues to deliver the best kit, made from the finest materials, at the most competitive prices. Why go anywhere else?

[b] Walbassist - Jan 8 2007 [/b][/quote]

[quote]Not specific to anything that I have bought from Dave (OBBM) but more about the kind of chap that he is

I was quoted 50 quid by a music shop to fit a Bart p'up that I had bought for my OLP - Dave fitted it for free

For those that believe that there is no such thing as a free lunch, I would normally agree. However, there are still people out there in this cynical modern world that are just nice guys - Dave is one of them.

Thanks Dave

[b]Duke - Jan 14 2007 [/b][/quote]

[quote]Finally got round to ordering my cables, and will probably order some more at some point.
Quick delivery, cables great, happy happy joy joy

[b] MacDaddy - Jan 14 2007 [/b][/quote]

[quote]Ordered a cable from Dave. Quick to reply to emails, quick to deliver, excellent cable.
Shall be using your excellent service again

[b] Nedsbeds - Jan 16 2007 [/b][/quote]

[quote]Ordered two instrument cables from Dave. Service is second to none. Many thanks Dave, I'll also be using your service again in future.

[b] Basszilla - Jan 18 2007 [/b][/quote]

[quote]OBBM is a double diamond.He's made several cables up for me - tricky little blighters I couldn't buy in a store - he has come up with good ideas for some challenges and added thought to the solutions to make sure thiings work for me.
Excellent service and comms too.

[b] OldGit - Jan 22 2007[/b][/quote]

Edited by obbm

[quote]It's probably all been said about OBBM! What can I say...Brilliant! Cables here when they were promised, to the spec and beyond. Top top quality. I am one happy bunny and will not be messing about again. I swear the Trace sounds even better now! ;o)

Thanks Dave,

[b] BigVern - Feb 21 2007 [/b][/quote]

[quote]I am now on Klotz 4mm cable as supplied by the gentleman that is OBBM. Cheers Dave! Super fast turn around.. and yes, that cable DOES make a difference!

I was on Van Damme 2.5mm cable at 3m per length. (Stereo) I am now running 1.5m lengths of the Klotz 4mm cable. It does sound better! (Everything is a lot neater round back too!)

Cheers Dave, you are a fine fellow.

[b] Dood - Feb 21 2007 [/b][/quote]

[quote]Bought a power lead from Dave at 4:20pm on Monday. It arrived at 9:00am the next morning. Great service and products!

[b] Jimbartlett - Feb 28 2007[/b][/quote]

[quote]Quality leads and a nice efficient service, well worth the £80 spent (especially as the guitarist can have my cast offs and it'll stop him nicking mine).

Cheers Dave

[b]Warwickhunt - Mar 3 2007 [/b][/quote]

[quote]Awesome... can't understand why anyone goes to shops anymore!

Fantastic service, saved me from a spinal tap moment with lead lengths and even when I did get a cable length wrong wanting to change was no bother...

top bloke, can't recommend highly enough

cheers Dave!!!

[b] FillC - Mar 6 2007[/b][/quote]

[quote]just had more dealings with the inimitable OBBM. Can not recommend highly enough.

[b] MacDaddy - mar 26 2007[/b][/quote]

• 2 weeks later...

Another post in praise from me. Dave made me a very specific cable for my wireless system and it is soo much better than the original. Delivery and service, as usual, cannot be faulted.

Cheers

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got my amp delivered today and got the chance to try out the cables I'd bought from Dave three days ago. They're simply excellent. Not only are his cables great value for money, Dave's a thoroughly decent chap as well.

Great service, great product. Cheers Dave!

BlueBear

• 3 weeks later...

Just brought a Speakon to Speakon cable from Dave, payed on the Thursday, arrived on Saturday, and thats with a postal strike in between! :)
Fantastic cable, real thick and heavy duty, more so then i expected!

In the words of ebay.....would definitely deal again! A++++ bass chatter :huh:

Cheers
Si

Does this man ever sleep ?
sent him a pm early yesterday morning & within minutes he replied
with all the details that i had asked.

He even had a cable in his stock ready for postage, how could i refuse
his incredible attention to detail & knowledge, i just had to buy
one of his big fat speaker cables.... job done.

You guessed it arrived just when he said it would & without any fuss.

Cheers Dave
I'll have to recommend you get an obe - "order of the bass empire"

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...