Why become a member? ×

obbm's feedback

obbm

• 2 weeks later...

[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#282828"]Recently asked Dave to make me up a custom-length pedal interconnect cable, and received the usual high quality product in next-to-no time. An absolute pleasure to do business with, honestly can't recommend him highly enough.[/color][/font]

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We all know the quality of Dave's instrument, speaker and other music related cables - he probably doesn't get as much repeat custom as he should because the things last forever in the first place!  However, as a bit of a Hi-Fi fan I was looking recently for audio interconnects, specifically a small 'extension' to the integrated one from my turntable.  After googling a couple of custom options online and being putting off by the accompanying 'boutique' prices I had a light bulb moment and contacted Dave - OBBM.  Not only was he willing to take on the job but he also recommended a cable with impressive specs that compared very favourably to other custom options I'd found.  They turned up yesterday, made to Dave's usual, exemplary standards, and will be thoroughly put through their paces this weekend.  Dave remains my first port of call for cables - now with regard to ANY cable I might need.

I've had a 5m jack to silent jack cable for my bass from Obbm today in the post.  It's smashing.  Nice and thick and with my initials under a protective heatshrink sleeve.  Dave's service is prompt and uncomplicated.  There is a tangible feeling of quality to his cables and end fittings.  I have to recommend them if you haven't tried them yet.

Cheers Dave.

I thought an OBBM cable had failed (yes, I know). Sent it back to Dave and he could find nothing wrong with it - turns out the problem lay elsewhere. :$ Very embarrassing (for me). Got the cable back after Dave inspected it and he had replaced the original Klotz cable with spiffy new Sommer cable, even though it wasn't necessary.

He didn't charge me for it either. This is what I call customer service 'above and beyond'. Thanks, Dave and I'm sorry I ever doubted your top quality product! I should have known better!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, discreet said:

I thought an OBBM cable had failed (yes, I know). Sent it back to Dave and he could find nothing wrong with it - turns out the problem lay elsewhere. :$ Very embarrassing (for me). Got the cable back after Dave inspected it and he had replaced the original Klotz cable with spiffy new Sommer cable, even though it wasn't necessary.

He didn't charge me for it either. This is what I call customer service 'above and beyond'. Thanks, Dave and I'm sorry I ever doubted your top quality product! I should have known better!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just received another cable handcrafted by the master. The really great thing about Dave's workmanship is that you don't need to worry about it. If you have a problem with your sound you know absolutely it isn't the cable so can more readily find and fix the issue.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Bit late with this - sorry!  Last year I bought a Mesa Boogie amp from Dave.  Couple of weeks ago he came upon the manual so offered to post it to me.  I took advantage of this and ordered a speaker cable whilst he was going to the post.  Once again, top chap!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Dave bought my Quilter BB and what an easy deal! Agreed, paid and sent delivery info within the hour and super straight forward quick sale. Hope you enjoy the Amp and I’m sure our paths will cross again mate. Deal with confidence here 👍

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just purchased a custom instrument/headphone combo cable from Dave and it is frankly the nicest cable I have ever owned. Just oozes quality. And to top it all off the whole process from speccing what I wanted to receiving the finished product was so swift and effortless that I now don’t want to buy “off the shelf” cables ever again. Why can’t all cables be this good?

Thanks Dave.

• Thanks 1