Why become a member? ×

Rack Mounted Tuners

Rosh

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='747667' date='Feb 16 2010, 07:29 PM']I have a Korg rackmount tuner which will be available for sale in a week or two... it's the reliable one without the bells and whistles! :)[/quote]

Me too but only regarding your second comment - I won't be shifting mine. It's easy to use and see , reliable , wouldn't gig without it.

3u shallow rackbag , Korg tuner , GK head - leave me alone , I'm a happy man with the right tools for my job.

[quote name='Dr.Dave' post='748263' date='Feb 17 2010, 11:57 AM']Me too but only regarding your second comment - I won't be shifting mine. It's easy to use and see , reliable , wouldn't gig without it.

3u shallow rackbag , Korg tuner , GK head - leave me alone , I'm a happy man with the right tools for my job.[/quote]

Do you leave a gap for the amp to have a bit of space for cooling? I'm using the same setup (700RB-II and Korg DTR) in a 4u rack case, it's way bigger than it needs to be though and I'm not convinced the head actually needs an entire rack space when the vent extends beyond the Korg and it never seems to heat up (although it's not had any extended use yet).

[quote name='ThomBassmonkey' post='748276' date='Feb 17 2010, 12:07 PM']Do you leave a gap for the amp to have a bit of space for cooling? I'm using the same setup (700RB-II and Korg DTR) in a 4u rack case, it's way bigger than it needs to be though and I'm not convinced the head actually needs an entire rack space when the vent extends beyond the Korg and it never seems to heat up (although it's not had any extended use yet).[/quote]

As you say , the vent extends beyond the back of the Korg and I've never had issue with it. It goes on for about 4 hrs a night at gigs I should think , though the GK's (400RB) on mute when I'm not actually playing. Say a couple pf gigs a week on average - amps 3 years old - being Mr 12 oclock when it comes to knobs the gain and master are always straight up the middle....

Just never been an issue for me and I expect the 700s bigger power section would be pissing about at the volume levels I play at.

I think it's wise to have considered air space as you have but for practical purposes I went for the 3u shallow.

BTW - rack bags - nice soft padded top makes a good home for a resting bass guitar - safer than a stand IMHO if you have the sort of 'carpet carrier' roadie that we do that walks into anything in his....well - 'it's - search for raw meat and females. (Sorry Mark if you're watching!!)

[quote name='Dr.Dave' post='748374' date='Feb 17 2010, 01:11 PM']As you say , the vent extends beyond the back of the Korg and I've never had issue with it. It goes on for about 4 hrs a night at gigs I should think , though the GK's (400RB) on mute when I'm not actually playing. Say a couple pf gigs a week on average - amps 3 years old - being Mr 12 oclock when it comes to knobs the gain and master are always straight up the middle....

Just never been an issue for me and I expect the 700s bigger power section would be pissing about at the volume levels I play at.

I think it's wise to have considered air space as you have but for practical purposes I went for the 3u shallow.

BTW - rack bags - nice soft padded top makes a good home for a resting bass guitar - safer than a stand IMHO if you have the sort of 'carpet carrier' roadie that we do that walks into anything in his....well - 'it's - search for raw meat and females. (Sorry Mark if you're watching!!)[/quote]

I'm considering getting a 4u shallow instead of my normal 4u which is huge, I'm thinking about getting a compressor/multiFX though which might go in the extra U at some point. I guess by then I'll have gigged it a fair bit though so I'll have a better idea of how much heat is coming off it.

Thanks for the reply. :)

[quote name='johnzgerman' post='747275' date='Feb 16 2010, 02:33 PM']any manufacturer that feels they must write PRO on all of their 'PRO AUDIO GEAR' eg. 'behringer composer pro' or 'ultragraph FBQ pro', is almost certainly not manufacturing 'PRO AUDIO GEAR'. IME the only reliable peice of kit that behringer make and actually does what it is supposed to is their cable tester.[/quote]

Yup, this pretty much follows with any piece of equipment. I've seen some really, really cheap and nasty power tools marketed as 'Pro-Quality'. About the only reason pro's would use them is because they're so cheap, you wouldn't care if they were stolen!

[quote name='Rosh' post='747650' date='Feb 16 2010, 07:16 PM']I'll take a look now, thanks! I'm just after a reliable bass tuner I don't need flashy extra lights to call in a mothership![/quote]

The rack-light on the Korg DTR2000 is pretty feeble - doesn't make my rig look like quite enough of a christmas tree on its own. TBH I wish I'd saved 50squid and got the one without (the 1000 model). The tuner itself seems pretty good tho. And its well handy to have an integrated tuner.

hey guys, im thinking of getting the Korg DTR 1000 as it looks pretty good. Just a question, as i dont know that much about gear. I think ive got a 4u rack case, its holding an ampeg svt4, it looks like i could fit the korg in, im just double checking with you guys before i buy the korg that all is good.

Thanks in advance.

[quote name='chud' post='754807' date='Feb 23 2010, 11:03 AM']hey guys, im thinking of getting the Korg DTR 1000 as it looks pretty good. Just a question, as i dont know that much about gear. I think ive got a 4u rack case, its holding an ampeg svt4, it looks like i could fit the korg in, im just double checking with you guys before i buy the korg that all is good.

Thanks in advance.[/quote]

my korg dtr 2000 is cool i love it,
and so many peolpe comment on what is it?how professional it loks etc?
mad eh!

[quote name='chud' post='755039' date='Feb 23 2010, 02:32 PM']Sorry guys, i should have been more specific with my question.

First of all will it fit in the rack? If so will it cause any major problems with overheating with the ampeg etc?[/quote]

It looks as if you have a 1U space left in your rack, bud -- so [i]should[/i] fit :)

Hey Chud

There isn't much depth to the Korg Tuner (i have the DTR-2000) So if you fan is top mounted then just make sure you have enough clearance. I dont think having the two together will cause any problems for you what so ever. So many of us have a similar rig. Go for it!

[quote name='chud' post='755990' date='Feb 24 2010, 12:29 PM']Thanks dude, do you think there will be a problem with the 2 systems close together overheating?[/quote]