Why become a member? ×

Modulus Flea bass - Big Flake Silver - Lane Poor p/up

Magnolia

For sale is my top spec Modulus Flea Bass

[size=5][b] No Longer for sale - Am going to keep it :)[/size][/b]

I had stopped playing for over a year, and in that time I guess the sound im after has changed a bit. I have owned a few Flea's now and this is by far the best of the bunch. In my eyes this is the ultimate flea bass.

Specs are....

Big Silver Flake finish, with matching Headstock.
Badass II bridge
Gotoh Tuners
Aguilar OBP-2 Pre Amp
Lane Poor Pickup.

It will come with a Modulus Hardcase.

With previous fleas i have found them to be a little too bright and top heavy. But this one with the lane poor has bucket loads of bottom end. Even through my Roland Cube it sounds awesome.

This is/was my dream bass, but its just not the sound im after anymore. Which is a shame as its a real player.

This is a feeler as with all sales I will regret this going the second it has sold.

My price is [b]£1000[/b] firm. Im not open to any haggling on this price at all. As for trades....well im a Jazz man at heart but will give most suggestions consideration. Maybe even a lesser bass with money my way.

I ahve attached a pic that I have on my phone (not the best quallity) but I will take pics tonight once i get home from work

I would prefer this to be collection only as its a pain in the backside to post. Although I can meet anywhere within London.

Cheers

[attachment=42654:FB1.jpg] [attachment=43019:DSC06006.JPG] [attachment=43018:DSC06011.JPG] [attachment=43019:DSC06006.JPG][attachment=43020:DSC05994.JPG] [attachment=43021:DSC05992.JPG] [attachment=43022:DSC05995.JPG] [attachment=43023:DSC05996.JPG]

Edited by Magnolia

Nice bit of kit you have there. I have a nice Lakky up for sale with a possible Trade if you are interested in a chat?

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=62598&hl=bassfan"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...&hl=bassfan[/url]

:)

[quote name='bassfan' post='745991' date='Feb 15 2010, 03:46 PM']Nice bit of kit you have there. I have a nice Lakky up for sale with a possible Trade if you are interested in a chat?

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=62598&hl=bassfan"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...&hl=bassfan[/url]

:rolleyes:[/quote]

Cheers for the offer.. But the paint job :) is a bit too loud for me

Quick bump....

Cheers for the offers so far, I've had some good'uns.

I'd mostly be interested in Jazz basses. With Cash either way. Im a big fan of Geddy Lee's, Marcus Millers and other similar 70's style jazzes.

Im basically after a more organic sound (if that makes any sence) Might even consider a Stingray.

[quote name='andy67' post='747557' date='Feb 16 2010, 06:14 PM']Good luck mate!

how you getting on with the pbass?

andy[/quote]

Cheers.

Im loving it. Hardly put it down since I got it. Its part of the reason I want to sell this as it opened my eyes/ears a bit to what sound I want.....So you're to blame! :)

[quote name='andy67' post='747673' date='Feb 16 2010, 07:40 PM']I can handle that!

did you change the bridge?

andy[/quote]

Na, I havent changed it. I dont think it needs it.

[quote name='bassfan' post='748035' date='Feb 17 2010, 09:15 AM']Wish I didn't get rid of my Marcus Miller now!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Starting a savings fund as of yesterday :wacko:[/quote]

Haha I would quite like a Marcus too. Shame they dont do the 4 string in Black. Where abouts in Essex are you?

[quote name='bassfan' post='749316' date='Feb 18 2010, 09:36 AM']I am in Braintree and Ongar (GF is in Ongar and I spend a lot of time there!) so not too far from Romford.

Sure you don't want a P-Bass and asome cash?? lol[/quote]

It is tempting as I am loving P-Basses at the moment. But unless its a 70's P though it probably isnt going to be my thing :-)

Bump.

I have had some great offers on trades for this but it is sitll available. After a few hours playing I have almost decided to keep it as its such an awesome bass. As such, im in no hurry to shift this so will happily wait for the right offer/deal.

Anyone who is local is more than welcome to come try it out. I'll even offer tea and bourbons :)

Cheers

[quote name='Rowbee' post='752013' date='Feb 20 2010, 06:20 PM']These are great basses! Since I bought mine last year it has firmly overtaken my MM Sterling as my main bass. The necks are simply amazing! I'd almost be tempted to own another one.[/quote]

The neck is just awesome. It makes even a shoddy player like me be able to play good. Its just the easiest neck to play.

[quote name='Magnolia' post='752034' date='Feb 20 2010, 06:39 PM']The neck is just awesome. It makes even a shoddy player like me be able to play good. Its just the easiest neck to play.[/quote]

Sent you another e-mail Nick. Re-trade if yer still interested?

Cheers
Tom

Its made in 2003. The serial numbe on the back of the headstock confirms this.

Unfortunately this is now only for sale as I need the money more than another bass. Thanks to all who have sent me trade offers. Some really great deals that im going to have to pass on. Sorry I have have messed anyone about.

Cheers