Why become a member? ×

Incognito..

bubinga5

[quote name='Pete Academy' post='745132' date='Feb 14 2010, 08:11 PM']Apparently it's Level 42's 30th anniversary tour.[/quote]
Yeah, apparently the word was that Gary Husband was "double booked" and Phil Gould was in the frame as it's the 30th Anniversary n all that. Got my tix so I will reserve judgement until after the 15th Oct...

LOVING Incognito at the moment. Just been on Amazon and seen a few DVDs including a new one due out soon live from London, but I was just wondering what do people think are the better Incognito albums? there seem to be so many and just wondering where to start.

Cheers,

Nathan

[quote name='Grant' post='745139' date='Feb 14 2010, 07:14 PM']Yeah, apparently the word was that Gary Husband was "double booked" and Phil Gould was in the frame as it's the 30th Anniversary n all that. Got my tix so I will reserve judgement until after the 15th Oct...[/quote]

Pete Ray Bigin got the gig....

Edited by crez5150

[quote name='Pete Academy' post='744845' date='Feb 14 2010, 02:56 PM']Fantastic track! Who is the bass player? Is this DVD released?[/quote]

Bought the DVD from Amazon a few months ago and it's an absolute cracker.

[url="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Incognito-Live-Jakarta-Richard-Bailey/dp/B001TIQUKG/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1266336496&sr=1-1-fkmr0"]Incognito Live At Jakarta[/url]

Very highly recommended. :)

[quote name='NJE' post='747364' date='Feb 16 2010, 03:54 PM']LOVING Incognito at the moment. Just been on Amazon and seen a few DVDs including a new one due out soon live from London, but I was just wondering what do people think are the better Incognito albums? there seem to be so many and just wondering where to start.

Cheers,

Nathan[/quote]

You could do worse than check out their [b]"Last Night In Tokyo" [/b]album from 1996 (if you can find it!!) which remains one of the best live CDs I've ever had the pleasure of hearing. :)

You really need to listen to them, because they can be very diverse if you think of the difference between 'Colibri', 'Jacobs Ladder' and something like 'Living against the river'...

best albums for me in this order..

Tribes Vibes and Scribes
Positivity
Tales From the Beach....

to be honest this is BS they are all very good in there own way...brilliant bass playing on all!!

Tribes, Vibes & Scribes
100 degrees and rising
Positivity
Inside Life
Jazz Funk

Those would be my favourites - Randy Hope-Taylor on TV&S is simply awesome!

[quote name='NJE' post='747364' date='Feb 16 2010, 03:54 PM']LOVING Incognito at the moment. Just been on Amazon and seen a few DVDs including a new one due out soon live from London, but I was just wondering what do people think are the better Incognito albums? there seem to be so many and just wondering where to start.

Cheers,

Nathan[/quote]