Why become a member? ×

Bass Lessons via Zoom (Wirral, Merseyside)

Steve A

Hello,

I am an experienced bass teacher living and working in Wallasey, Merseyside. I've been a touring and recording musician for 25 years working in the UK and internationally, performing in clubs and festivals and on radio and television.

Whether you are a beginner or have been playing for a number of years, I can help you to develop as a player. My experience as a working professional means I can help you to develop confidence for any playing situation you may find yourself in.

I concentrate on teaching the fundamentals of music and the essentials of bass playing. You don't need fancy techniques in order to play well and get good gigs... you need a solid foundation: You need to know the notes available to play in any situation. You need an understanding of harmony, a developed sense of musical hearing and the ability to know your options which will enable you to make informed choices regarding notes, rhythms and phrasing (which comes from the analysis of music you love and the playing of other musicians).

Understanding the basics of harmony is actually not as hard as you might think. The hard part is committing to a regular routine of personal practise outside of the music lesson to get the concepts in your mind and under your fingers.

I currently teach all age groups and offer lessons weekday daytimes, evenings and weekends. I have students across the UK and Europe and teach via Zoom. 

Please feel free to get in touch to discuss your requirements.

Thanks,

Steve

SJABassTuition2020Moollon (1).png

Edited by Steve Amadeo
update

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

[quote name='Steve Amadeo' post='1008157' date='Nov 1 2010, 08:56 AM']My music room has recently been refurbished at my home in Wallasey and students have enjoyed lessons there. It's a small room but light and comfortable which provides a nice environment for lessons.

I run a Mac based system for music... iTunes and Spotify for quick access to listening material and Logic for recording. It's possible for me to create play-along tracks for students to practise to as well as drum loops and grooves to work with.

If anyone's interested in talking about lessons please get in touch.

Best wishes,

Steve[/quote]

Your music room looks alarmingly like mine. We'd probably get on well.

Good luck with the lessons.

Stuart

[quote name='Stuart Clayton' post='1008861' date='Nov 1 2010, 06:54 PM']Your music room looks alarmingly like mine. We'd probably get on well.

Good luck with the lessons.

Stuart[/quote]

Also, I used to live in the West Country (Taunton) and shop at Mansons in Exeter. It's almost like we're two halves of the same bass player :)

Thanks for the kind words!

Steve

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Here are a few comments from some of my students:

"I'd heartily recommend anyone considering lessons to go and see Steve. I'd been playing on and off for 20 years, been in several bands, and was an 'OK' bass player. However, I was frustrated with certain aspects of my playing (specifically my fingering and speed), and knew I could be better. I spoke to Steve, and have been having lessons for the last couple of months, working specifically around what I wanted to achieve.

As a result, my playing's improved to the extent that I can now comfortably play songs that I couldn't manage before. I'm also much more comfortable in a band / gig / jam environment, as I'm more confident with my own playing. As Steve says above, he's helping me develop as a player. I Just wish I'd done this 20 years ago!

Mark."

"I'll just add a word of recommendation here, Steve depped for me on a function and was reported by the band as having done "an awesome job", add that to the feedback he's getting for his teaching abilities and it's got to be a good bet.

Jake."

"I had my first lesson with Steve today and really enjoyed it.

He's easy going and certainly Knows his stuff. I felt both challenged and inspired to learn.
Let's hope this is the start of a new chapter in my bass life .

Simon."

"Just wanted to add that I also had a lesson with Steve this week. I'm a newbie to this bass playing malarky. Steve was great - really helpful and good at explaining stuff. Also he's a really nice guy. I would happily recommend him to others.

I've already booked my next lesson!

Kathryn."

"I have had some lessons off Steve in an effort to improve various elements of my playing and would recommend him.

Steve."

• 9 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have been playing Bass for 30 Years and relatively recently took a lesson with Steve as I had hit a wall with a particular area of my playing. I found Steve to very personable and he was quickly able to come up with some constructive suggestions. More importantly having a lesson made me reflect on what I already knew which is an inportant part of the process. One thing in particular that I quickly picked up from the lesson (and there was no preaching!) is that if you do not play from a solid foundation wtih control then all the speed, fancy flicks and licks will count for not a lot!

I have since been in touch with Steve for a further lesson - oh and he likes talking about Bass Stuff.

• 10 months later...

Thanks for helping point the way forward in my first lesson today Steve. Really appreciated your perspective and the way you focused in on the little things that help to build a solid foundation as a springboard to greater things. Recommend you to anyone in the area who's having trouble to book a slot with you. See you next week!

Chris

[quote name='haysy' timestamp='1379455415' post='2213012']
Thanks for helping point the way forward in my first lesson today Steve. Really appreciated your perspective and the way you focused in on the little things that help to build a solid foundation as a springboard to greater things. Recommend you to anyone in the area who's having trouble to book a slot with you. See you next week!

Chris
[/quote]

Thanks Chris, sorry I only just saw this... I need to check my notification settings obviously! Looking forward to future lessons.

All the best,

Steve

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

For anybody looking for lessons, I'd happily recommend Steve. As well as being a thoroughly nice chap, he's got a wealth of bass-playing talent and experience that helps him to be a really good teacher. Although other commitments meant I only had 3-4 lessons with Steve, in those lessons I learnt so much more about bass playing and musical theory than I had done in the last 15 years or so of playing bass.

If my circumstances changed, then I'd happily look Steve up again to help improve my bass playing.

Cheers!

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='M-Bass-M' timestamp='1406896942' post='2515711']
For anybody looking for lessons, I'd happily recommend Steve.......
[/quote]

Thanks very much for the kind words Mark. I hope things are well with you!

All the best,

Steve

• 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...

[quote name='bassintheface' timestamp='1475354229' post='3145380']
My view on steve -

Great guy, makes a mean cup of tea, excellent bass player, great guy, makes a mean cup of tea, excellent teacher, lovely dog,great gear, makes a mean cup of tea.

Get in touch with him.
Seriously, he's a good guy and an excellent teacher.
[/quote]

Cheers Jamie, I didn't see this until now but I appreciate the kind words. Fancy a cuppa? I make a mean cup of Earl grey :D

Steve

Edited by Steve Amadeo

• 1 month later...
  • Steve A changed the title to Bass Lessons via Zoom (Wirral, Merseyside)