Why become a member? ×

Status Energy 5 string - **SOLD**

Bilbo

For sale we have a black Status Energy 5 string I traded with a basschatter (mcc?) several months ago for a similar 6 but which has been hanging on the wall ever since. I think it dates from the early 90s but I am no expert. I am reliably informed that the going rate is £450 but I am happy to take £350 so there you are. Its in pretty good condition for its age but not 'as new' by any means. There is some light buckle rash (doesn't breach the veneer) and the knobs are not original (see photos) but it all works. I have attached photos (mobile phone I am afraid) and some mp3s I knocked up over the weekend using Cubase. Please don't take the p*** out of them because its all me playing everything so it sucks but the bass sound is on there for you to get a sense of it. This in not high production value stuff, just me knobbing about....

Comes with a black Status hard case.

PM me if you are interested or have any questions. Sorry, no trades as I need the moolah for something better.

[quote name='peteb' post='742331' date='Feb 11 2010, 05:57 PM']I used to have a 4 string version of this years ago and it was a really nice player - moved it on when I got my first Warwick!

I assume that you need the funds for that new Fodera?[/quote]

Nowhere near that, mate. Just a load of Double bass stuff: bow, pick up, stand, strings. I have finally figured out I only need the Wal (I have not gigged with anything else for years!!) so I am trying to get set to go gigging witht the big fella. Swapping the Status for something else would be a sideways step to nowhere!!

Thanks for the feedback re: this bass, pete. It helps, I am sure.

[quote name='silentbob' post='750386' date='Feb 18 2010, 11:45 PM']Would have had a punt on this if i hadn't just received a £500 MOT bill, gutted. Have a free bump on me.[/quote]

Thanks, sb.... although I have bought cars that didn't cost that much :)

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Bilbo' post='764844' date='Mar 5 2010, 10:18 AM']Come on, peeps. Someone must want it :) its a cracking bass for a progressing bass player. Not top-line but the famous Status quality is all there.[/quote]

BUMP. Nice Bass. Good Price. But I'm selling not buying atm.