Why become a member? ×

SWR Headlite demos

BTGAndy

Here are some examples of slapping, tapping and finger style recorded through the D.I. of the new SWR Headlite. The bass used was a Conklin GT-BD7.

[attachment=41826:Slap_headlite.mp3]

[attachment=41828:Tap_headlite.mp3]

[attachment=41829:Finger_headlite.mp3]

Aural Enhancer 2 O'Clock (Classic Aural enhancer)
Bass +6dB @ 60Hz
Everything else flat with a tiny bit of onboard compression, and straight out of the onboard D.I. post pre.

There is the option on the amp to use the new aural enhancer settings developed with marcus miller, it gives a much darker sound.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow nice SWR sound! Seems like finally we can get the true SWR signature sound in a small package.

But it seems quiete noisy...almost to the degree where I´d get concerned about maybe unusable noisy!?

And I thought my Markbass can be a crackling noisebox at times...but this seems far worse. (and I play singlecoiled noisy vintage J Basses exclusively)
There still seems to be some issues with the SMPS technology and I imagine adding a 12AX7 tube crancked in a super tiny housing wouldn´t help the general noise floor.

I guess I ´ll stick to my trusted Markbas LMII....
If I get the early 90s SWR slappy happy desire I can still cranck up the VPF and arrive in similar sound terrain.