Why become a member? ×

Squier Vintage (really) Modified Jazz Bass FT...

BassJase

*****THIS HAS NOW BEEN PROVIONALLY SOLD PENDING THE USUAL NOW THANKS!****

Well when I bought this I thought it was a life-long keeper, but I now have a new Jazz bass and one currently being built for me, so it hasn't been taken out of it's case so it really should go to a good new home who'll appreciate its woody loveliness.

You all know the blah about these, great jazz basses that play fantastically and sound amazing. Since I had mine its been my workhorse bass, I've probably played over 100 gigs with it but its still in pretty damned good condition, the only "whoopsies" on it being 3 small "dents" on the bit of the body near where your right arm rests over, when I dropped the bag of replacement tuners on it. Twat.

I have modded it a bit though, it's got a black BadAss II bridge on it (but I can supply the original chrome bent-tin one with it if needed), black tuners (but again I can supply the original chrome jobbies with it if needed) and I sprayed the control plate black too. Its not chipping or anything though, and if you wanted to put another one in chrome on they go for £6 on EvilGay.
Its also got a replacement black string tree on it, and it's currently getting a set of Reflex Jazz PuPs put into it to make it sound even better. (But once again, I can supply the original Duncan-designed ones with it if needed.) I also changed the crappy chrome knobs for original 70s style ones, so overall it looks bloody luvverley chief.

Like I said, this is a real workhorse bass and I'll be happy if it gets the gigging attention it needs. This would also make a great backup bass for somebody, and check out the multiple reviews online and they all say the same, you can't get much (if any) better bass for the money.

Squier page;

[url="http://www.squierguitars.com/products/search.php?partno=0326702521"]http://www.squierguitars.com/products/sear...rtno=0326702521[/url]

Vid clips;

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvW-fn8m2WA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvW-fn8m2WA[/url]

[url="http://video.google.co.uk/videosearch?hl=en&q=squier+vintage+modified+jazz+bass+vmj&rlz=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=3JVcS-qNN6X20wT00L39BA&sa=X&oi=video_result_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CBUQqwQwAA#emb=0&hl=en&q=squier+vmj+jazz+bass&view=3"]http://video.google.co.uk/videosearch?hl=e...bass&view=3[/url]

I'll get some more pics up as soon as it's back from getting the new PuPs put in it, but here it is....

Really not sure what to ask for it without either asking too much or too little, the BadAss and Reflex PuPs have got to add a bit to it.
There's not really much I'm currently after except maybe a better fretless than the beast I currently own, or possibly a lightweight combo (but it has to be 300w+)
Feel free to hit me with trade offers, and any feedback welcome!

Cheers Y'all.... :)

Edited by BassJase

Alright mate, extremely interested here, I know how fast these things go fast too! I live in northern Ireland, I hope that's not a problem. These squires look great and I love what you've done with her! I'm a newbie here so have no idea how payment postage etc goes down but as I said am very interested. Could u guys fill me in? Is it payment through paypal?(not assuming I'm getting this btw! Just wanna know the buying process) cheers

Oops sorry flower, forgot about the stringent price-stating rules.

This is now up for trades only for the time being, purely because I don't want to put an exact price on it until I've taken some more detailed pictures of it. I'd hate to sell it before somebody has seen it properly in full detail, but as soon as I've got some pictures taken in the next few days I'll get a definite price on it.

And hi Horrorshowbass, yes mate these seem to go pretty quick and shipping to your good self would be no problem. I prefer bank transfer because it's pretty quick and there's no fees for either side to pay, but PayPal is quite often ok with most folks.

eBay is a last resort for this, but I want it gone within the month so if needs be then so be it!

Edited by BassJase

[quote name='spaz91' post='723563' date='Jan 24 2010, 09:14 PM']Interested in a Fender Jazz V?[/quote]

Cheers for the offer dude, but unless its a fretless then I really don't need any more Jazz basses in my life!
Thanks anyway though man, 'tis much appreciated. :)

Cheers BumFrog, yeah when I get decent pictures up you can see that it looks loads better (in my opinion) than in its Au Natural finish.

And hiya Matty, yep this was indeed your beasty before the mods set in, bloody lovely bass and as much as I'll be sad to see it go, it deserves to be out there getting gigged rather than being ignored in its case!

Righty-ho, here's a few more pics taken today.
It's still waiting for the Reflex PuPs to be soldered in but that should only be a few days away now.
I've tried to highlight the small dents on the upper-left (arm resty) bit, they're only a few mm across each but definitely something to be made aware of. As I said before, this is a workhorse gigging bass and would do any working bassist proud.

I played it again today and it really is a superb bass for the money, the neck just plays itself and has a lovely slim profile.
Price wise I'm thinking £200 delivered or £180 collected. I'm in North London but travel to Norwich and Cambridge pretty often so delivery could also be worked out if you're anywhere near these!

Please no crazy low-ball offers, I'd rather keep it than let it go for £150 or something. As I said before, the original tuners, bridge, string tree and PuPs are included in the sale, and the BadAss and Reflex PuPs have got to be worth £60 on their own.... :)
Still open to the idea of trades, would like a fretless but am now open to suggestions of other basses or possibly amps, hit me up folks!

[quote name='Anthony Joseph Waczek III' post='729399' date='Jan 30 2010, 01:49 AM']A bloody bargain! too low price in my mind, i paid £190 for mine, mint condition. no mods.

although this is what i want to do with it! black hardware with some quarter pounders maybe!

good luck selling, and well done to whomever shall buy it!

WOW bump from myself dude[/quote]

Cheers for the kind words amigo, yeah I think thats a fair price for it all-in, Its a great bass and will do someone proud!

Obviously your's was in A1 condition whereas this has seen plenty of gigs and so isn't as spotless as yours, but it is a real gigging bass so it's gonna have a certain amount of pre-relic'ing! :)

I was even considering putting all the original bits back on it and selling it for less, then selling the parts off (which would probably make me more money) but I'd rather it just goes to a good home and for someone to appreciate it as it is. I'll probably really regret selling it though.....!!