Why become a member? ×

Owen - Feedback

Owen

I bought an NS Omni CR5 bass from Owen and it was one of the most pleasant deals I've had here.
The communication started in May and went merrily along until it took a break and resumed again in June.
Once the deal was closed, things moved swiftly along and completed in successfully.

A highly recommended BC-er. Cheers.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Just got the Shuker Series One 6 strings I bought from Owen.

Everything is just perfect : great communication (he sorted the problem with the tracking number as fast as possible), great package (easy street as he said), and, most important, the bass was exactly as described.

You really can deal in total confidence with Owen, you won't have a single problem.

Thanks a lot for this easy transaction.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Owen recently expressed an interest in a manky old flightcase I was trying to get rid of... and after some smooth and clear communications the aforementioned case was dispatched to darkest Wales.

Can't really call it a "deal" as no money changed hands, but it was an extremely painless transaction that left both of us better off (and me with a space to fill under the spare bed!).

Highly recommended! Cheers Owen! B)

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Utterly wonderful deal with Owen - an absolute gem of the community - extremely patient whilst Parcelforce contrived to hide the parcel for a couple of days!  Deal in absolute confidence - I notice that I'm adding my recommendation to an extremely long-list of perfectly satisfied members

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I purchased Owen's NS Design CR5M electric upright bass last year. The communication and packaging/sending was excellent!  

It turned out to be a lot of trouble with this shipment, as the courier and Interparcel messed up their communication (Interparcel doesn't send the enclosed paperwork properly out) causing a long shipping delay through UK customs.  And then somewhere along the way, the courier(s) managed to damage the bass in transit, so it arrived with a completely shattered bridge. It took me some time to get hold of parts from NS Design in Europe and get everything fixed, and it took the insurance claim department almost two months to get the money back to us after this.

But through all of this, Owen was reliable and helpful, always responding to messages within a few hours and communicating with the customs guys and insurance claim clerk promptly and actively. And as soon as he received the refund from the courier, it was sent on to me without delay. I never felt in any danger of losing my money on this transaction or the following incident!

So in this case, Owen proved what a trustworthy gentleman he is. 

You can trust Owen 100%. He'll stand by you when the going gets tough!

So thanks for a safe and pleasant transaction, Owen, and for the 160+ message conversation this turned into in PM! 🙂

Edited by MrWalker
Wording :-)

It's ages ago now, but I did buy a Warwick 5 string from Owen. It was in an awful state. I loved it. It was great fun doing it up and getting it back to it's former glory. I also knew it was like that before we made the journey. He was completely honest.

Mrs G and I went to Norwich and met Owen and the family. Really good guy to deal with. I have no hesitation about buying or selling with Owen again.