Why become a member? ×

Owen - Feedback

Owen

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Last August I lost almost all of my "stuff" in my flat fire, it was devastating!!

Among what I consider my essentials was my Macbook, which was turned into a crispy mass of melted stuff.  I was fortunate in being able to obtain an old Thinkpad running linux, which was better than nothing but ... once you go Mac you cannot go back!

Owen was fortunate to have work supply him with a new Macbook (a sexy beast ... I mean the Macbook, I cannot speak of anything else) and so was looking to move on his slightly older personal device.

I ummed and awwed and figured that over 5 years it would cost me less per month than Netflix and so I took the plunge. (As I think it was Woody Allen said, rationalisation is more important than sex ... have you ever gone a week without rationalising?)

Our communications was textbook perfect.  Saturday we did the deal and the Macbook arrived about 45 minutes ago!  As described, it is in perfect condition and already in use (I'm writing this on it) ... I'm home again! lol

@Owenis for sure a top BCer and I would not hesiitate at all in dealing with him again.  S'manth score of 11/10!

S'manth x

Edited by Smanth

• 4 months later...

Positive feedback for our man Owen but this transaction probably puts him in the running for the Most Foolish Person 2023.

Why?, you might ask.

Anybody attending any of the Bass Bashes in the lower half of the country will have seen the amazing basses that Jezza ( @Jabba_the_gut) builds. Amazing and beautiful little creations - and also probably know how difficult it is to part Jezza from them - he being the perfectionist that he is. This transaction with Owen involved him parting with the 5 string that he manage to wrestle from Jezza - yes, I know - how mad must he be!!!

Here's the little beauty.

image.png.a6fb80b4ea6a361a3f3c920618de8dae.png

You can understand why he qualifies for the title now. In fact it might be an idea if we have a collection to buy him a little padded coat which does up at the back.

He's was an absolute gent the whole way through - lots of great correspondence throughout keeping the deal as simple as possible. An asset to this forum.

Trade with confidence (if he hasn't been locked by then)

Edited by TheGreek

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Another transaction between @Owen and myself.

This time I was able to supply a Hipshot D-tuner which Owen had posted in the Wanted thread. 

I had one I wasn't going to use so it was only right that I sent it to a good home. 

Quick discussion and prompt payment... the parcel is set to go in the post in the morning. 

Absolute gent...no hesitation in trading with him again.