Why become a member? ×

Owen - Feedback

Owen

1 hour ago, Grangur said:

It's ages ago now, but I did buy a Warwick 5 string from Owen. It was in an awful state. I loved it. It was great fun doing it up and getting it back to it's former glory. I also knew it was like that before we made the journey. He was completely honest.

Mrs G and I went to Norwich and met Owen and the family. Really good guy to deal with. I have no hesitation about buying or selling with Owen again.

I have been through VERY many basses but I have to admit that I am struggling to remember this one. I went to Norwich in 1984 so that they could refuse me a place at the University and I am 99% certain that I have never taken my family there. I am all for accepting praise wherever and however, but I am not convinced this was me. I could well be wrong though :)

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, owen said:

I have been through VERY many basses but I have to admit that I am struggling to remember this one. I went to Norwich in 1984 so that they could refuse me a place at the University and I am 99% certain that I have never taken my family there. I am all for accepting praise wherever and however, but I am not convinced this was me. I could well be wrong though :)

Oh.... am I mistaken?
I'm thinking of a bubinga 5 string Warwick. It had seriously worn frets and a corroded bridge.... wrong person maybe?  :D

• 1 month later...

I've just received a neat little headphone amp to go in the control cavity of a bass from Owen.

The transaction was easy.  We arranged by PM and I made a bank transfer.  Owen packed it the same day (Friday) and I received it today (Monday) despite the pandemic,  It was still in its envelope as sent to Owen.  He got two so don't worry, I left him with one.

Owen is a thoroughly nice chap and I don't hesitate to recommend you deal in confidence with him.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just received a package from Owen, absolutely hassle free (the postal services managed to set a new record, but that's another story), most trustworthy gent, deal with confidence.

Thanks again, the strap is super soft and warm, not to mention that it's the best substitute for a pet ever!

• 4 weeks later...

So, I am now custodian of Owens rather splendiferous Bergantino IP310. What an absolute beast of a cab. Owen was tremendous throughout the deal, even telling me that I didn't really need it but that made me want it more 🤣

Brilliant comms, superbly well packed and delivered 24hrs after posted. Top banana fella.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I Just purchased a Bravewood - 64 Sonic blue fretless jazz from Owen.

with his usual attention to making the process smooth and painless, good communication and well packaged.

It arrived covered in scratches and dents and looked like it was found in a canel

Just as I had hoped,  lovely jubbly 😍

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just received a Mono strap from @Owenwhich arrived in record time and is exactly as described.

Thanks Owen - it's absolutely perfect for this small humanoid! 😁

And just to say (as this is your Feedback thread after all) I can't recommend Owen to the Basschat community highly enough, so deal with him in absolute confidence... 👍

All the best, 

Nik 

Another superb transaction with Owen - everything exactly as described - the case arrived quickly, well-packed and in very good condition (actually better than I'd expected).  Owen's reputation for probity and honesty is well-established - a star in our firmament! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...