Why become a member? ×

opinion on price plse.

neilb

[quote name='neilb' post='79476' date='Oct 25 2007, 05:42 PM']Ive been offered a Trace Elliot GP12 200W Series 6 head in really nice nick for £230.

Is that good, average or sh*te?

Ta[/quote]
I've played one of these for years - bought new in '89 or thereabouts for around £425. Build quality is superb, incredibly loud, pretty flexible with the 12 band but always a highly characteristic sound (great if you like it and I do!) My purchase inspired that of many co-bassists and acquaintances at the time. It really was the sound of its period and I don't really think anything else came close. If you're a lover of the TE sound there's only really one way to get it and parting with £230 for a unit in good nick seems pretty reasonable. If you buy it and find it's not for you, I doubt you'll lose much. To put things in perspective, my main amp is a DB750 but the Trace still gets a lot of use - it does things that the 750 doesn't. Good luck if you go for it.

[quote name='neilb' post='79476' date='Oct 25 2007, 05:42 PM']Ive been offered a Trace Elliot GP12 200W Series 6 head in really nice nick for £230.

Is that good, average or sh*te?

Ta[/quote]

That's about average but 200w would be no good for a Who tribute band :)

Not sure of your experience with TE but try before you buy as the core tone isn't everyone's cup of rosy... I've never gotten on with them but others swear by them!