Why become a member? ×

Trace 4x10 GP12 - help?? what should i ask for?

Aidan

Hey, I have a 92 Trace GP12 4x10 and ive been asked if I would sell it…

Trouble is that I have no idea what its worth! If its very Iittle I should probably try and keep it as a spare, otherwise I may.

I replaced two of the speakers with new celestions, it’s the 250 watt version and has been super reliable though I havent used it for a little bit as I now use a bassman 50 head and cab.

It has been looked after by the gf's dad who contracted for trace and he thinks it’s a good one.

Its seen some action but its not battered like many.

Any ideas appreciated!

[quote name='casapete' post='79248' date='Oct 25 2007, 09:48 AM']Hard to say without pics etc, but I've seen them go starting from around the £250 mark upwards. The older vinyl covered combos seem to be more in favour than the later fur covered ones too! Good luck.[/quote]

Thanks, that’s interesting. It is the vinyl covered one.

It’s a great amp, just too heavy!

They are excellent amps. I've got the predecessor GP11 combo and it's probably the best sounding I've tried. I tend to use my warwick/H&K more often as there easier to throw around on my own but I love the sound of the trace.
For someone in a van/lockup band where you don't have to carry it on your own every time or for an amp to leave at a rehearsal room these would be hard to beat.
£250/300 would be a fair price I'd say.

Cheers
John