Why become a member? ×

Feedback for 0353203

tarcher

Just spent a little time with Simon whilst picking up my new baby.
Fender Musicmaster 1977 white with black pg .Gorgeous.
Simon's a top man,nice cup of tea great chatter,could have spent a lot longer chewing the fat.Had to get back to pick wifey up from work.
Thanks for making me so welcome mate.

Why 035203?

Edited by tarcher

[quote name='tarcher' post='714274' date='Jan 15 2010, 08:03 PM']Just spent a little time with Simon whilst picking up my new baby.
Fender Musicmaster 1977 white with black pg .Gorgeous.
Simon's a top man,nice cup of tea great chatter,could have spent a lot longer chewing the fat.Had to get back to pick wifey up from work.
Thanks for making me so welcome mate.

Why 035203?[/quote]

Hi Paul and thanks for the feedback, you're a top bloke yourself and I really enjoyed our natter. It was great to meet you.

0353203 is a terrible 'handle' I know and perhaps I should change it to something more personal.

Way back when the interweb was just getting going it was the first username 'given' to me by a banking site (back when you couldn't make up your own).

Its been imprinted on my brain ever since and I use it all the time. Unfortunately its not as catchy as R2-D2 :)

Cheers mate.

• 11 months later...

I met Simon this morning, I went to his place to pick up my new gorgeous black & maple '75 Fender Precision.

Buy with confidence people he's a true gentleman.
I really enjoyed all the chat we had about Fender basses, even more seeing and getting to play some of the basses in his collection....and he makes the best coffee ever!

Thank you very much Simon, it's been a pleasure!

Edited by PauBass

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Bought my gorgeous 66 Precision off Si last week. Met him at Waterloo Station to pick it up so can't comment on his coffee but I wouldn't have any hesitation in doing business with him again. A great guy to talk to, just wish we'd had more time for a chat.

Keep your eyes peeled for a reasonably priced 66 Jazz Si!!

Many thanks,

Kevin

• 2 weeks later...

Another here for Si.
Mentioned to him a few weeks back that I was looking for a Jaguar bass in red and he sourced one for me from the good ole U S of A.
Absolutely mint and a bit of a stunner.
Got a nice Mustang off him last year as well,but I seem to have forgotten to mention that.
If your looking for something in particular its well worth giving him a call,you just never know.
Tea's good too.

Edited by tarcher

• 4 weeks later...

Si sourced a lovely 63 Precision from the US for me. It took a number of weeks to find the right one as he knows what he is doing here and I was picky in my demands (all-original, with exception of refin). I picked it up today and ts a thing of beauty - I will be very happy growing old with this one. Many thanks Si!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

+1 for Si

Throughly good chap, had a brief but pleasant meet in Guildford to complete our trade.
The man has resources! - sourced a great MM Bongo as a partial trade against my Trussart.
His comms pre meet were also commendable, always got back to me quickly.

Highly recommended forum member in whatever capacity you might wish to deal with him.

• 1 month later...

Thoroughly recommended.

Simon took the worry, and hassle out of finding a lovely 75 Fender P.

Answered all my questions and always replied promptly to pms/emails.

Sourced it, got it imported and delivered to my door in very quick time.

Great Bass Chatter to deal with.

• 1 month later...

[quote name='Clarky' post='1351496' date='Aug 25 2011, 04:38 PM']Would be better if you posted feedback in Si's feedback thread [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=73723&hl=0353203"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...&hl=0353203[/url][/quote]

I've merged the two separate threads together now.

• 5 months later...

14 months ago, when I was house-bound with a broken leg, I did a trade with Si ... he brought me a 1966 Precision in CAR and he left clutching four (yes FOUR) of my basses. It was a very pleasant, helpful way to do business, and that Precision is one of the few basses I have chosen not to sell or trade onwards.

Fast forward to last month, when I finally decided to bite the bullet and buy the ultimate GAS-killer, the notorious/legendary Year Of Birth bass. I wasted some time scanning some websites and then got sensible. I contacted Si and asked him if he could help.

Yesterday morning, he arrived in Chiswick to deliver exactly what I was looking for at a very sensible price. He tracked down the right bass, bought it & imported it at his own cost (and his own risk, I might add - I could have changed my mind), and then delivered it in person.

I was kept completely up to speed at every stage of the process, with plenty of photographs and every quibble dealt with quickly.

I have no idea if Si routinely offers this as a professional service (I didn't ask :rolleyes: ) but if not, then he really ought to. He's [i][b]very [/b][/i]good at it.

Top bloke, and a pleasure to deal with.

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to say that I just have completed a deal with Si for an old 60s Musicmaster 2 guitar that he'd advertised on BC.

So nice to deal with a really decent and friendly person. He was relaxed throughout our email exchanges and responded to my emails very speedily. I had never bought a guitar of bass without first seeing/trying and so Si kindly offered to send it up, let me try it and then make a firm decision. That was SO helpful. He also sent me photos without hesitation.

I should also add that the guitar arrived with the most superb packaging job - not only did it come in a guitar box that was padded out with bubble wrap but the guitar was incredibly well protected within the case too.

I have now bought the guitar and am delighted with it.

Be assured that this is a top guy, dead easy to deal with and prepared to think laterally - buying a new item of gear should be a pleasure, not a pain as it can be when dealing with people remotely, and Si ensured that I enjoyed the whole process rather than dreading it!!

• 2 months later...

About 2 years ago (roughly) i bought a 73 CAR , maple board, Precision from Si.

Roughly 2 months ago I contacted Si as i was interested in getting an early 70's Precision with a Rosewood board P bass.
Within a few days Si had sent me some pictures of some fantastic looking possible instruments.
Fantastic communication throughout the whole process.

Working within my budget , Si managed to find me a stunning , 100% stock 1969 sunburst Precision !!!! and its a great player with THE tone :)

Si sourced , bought , imported and then sent the bass to me which arrived safe and sound :)
Si is a fantastic guy to deal with who knows his Fenders.

Deal with Si in the highest confidence

Thank you Si.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I bought The Jam box set from Si (haha, you snooze you lose), the deal took less than 2 days from the start to finish. Had it sent to my workplace so I was able to torment the other Jam fans in the office..

Top fella is our Si..many thanks..

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I highly recommend doing business with Simon.

He's a great guy to deal with, we completed an iternational trade for our Fender basses without any problems! This was my first deal based only on trust... I took the challenge and it paid off.

You just cannot ask for better man to do business!

Cheers,

Michał