Why become a member? ×

1979 MUSICMAN STINGRAY FOR SALE

bruce

Righthanded, 4 string, black body, black scratchplate, maple neck, volume, bass, and treble controls, all original damping gear. The body is in real good condition(especially for the year). The neck has a small bit of varnish lifted off but apart from that its all pretty tip top. It plays and sounds like you would expect.(apart from when i play it . . . ) There is a hardcase available if required.

I live in North Lincs and work in the transport business so i may be able to help with delivery. Im sure you all kno what the going rate is for these bass guitars, so if your interested P. M. a contact number and i'll get back to you, send you a pic or three if you want, but it probably looks like you imagine too . . .

Cheers, Bruce.

Edited by bruce

[quote name='budget bassist' post='712874' date='Jan 14 2010, 06:54 PM']hi mate
you have to post a price in the thread - forum rules
some pics in the thread wouldn't go amiss either.
good luck with the sale[/quote]
Cheers for that...typical bloke didn't read the instructions first! The price is £1400 or nearest offer. Paypal facilities available if required. The case by the way is NOT original.
Cheers Bruce

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='713029' date='Jan 14 2010, 08:41 PM']Any pics, Bruce? I'm probably a close neighbour of yours - South Ferriby on the South Bank of the Humber. :)[/quote]
Close neighbour ! amazing. . . i live in Scunthorpe,i've played the nelthorpe, and the other one by the bridge, i'll pop it round if you want, or just drop into one of our gigs and have ago, or i can be boring and send some pics.
Cheers

[quote name='speedtriple' post='713142' date='Jan 14 2010, 10:08 PM']PM'd and waiting for pics[/quote]
Many thanks to the guys who P.M.d me, i'll get the pics to you all by either your email or this forum now i've got the right lead(this really is'nt my cup of tea) can't do it tonight as im gigging and allready running late, and 'lapolpora', i can do that for you.
Cheers

[quote name='Les' post='714108' date='Jan 15 2010, 06:08 PM']It'll no doubt look exactly the same as my 79 in my pic.

Bruce, you should swap this for my 1969 Fender Mustang then I can own two 79 maple neck black Stingrays. :)

Why you selling it mate ?[/quote]
Hey Les, . . it does look almost exactly the same would you believe, i'll pass on the mustang tho, thanks all the same.
P. M.d you too.
Cheers.