Why become a member? ×

Trolley recommendations please!

Musicman20

[quote name='absentmindeduk' post='712393' date='Jan 14 2010, 11:34 AM']Theres some on ebay at the mo for £17 with postage;

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180455670002&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT[/url][/quote]

That looks way too weak to lift 70KG :)

I use one of these to move my Ashdown combo around - which weighs in at 44KG.

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-HEAVY-DUTY-FOLDING-PLATFORM-TROLLEY-TRUCK-130KG_W0QQitemZ200427124999QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Lifting_Moving_Equipment?hash=item2eaa633907"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-HEAVY-DUTY-FOLDI...=item2eaa633907[/url]

Not so good at getting up large steps or across gravel-filled car parks!!

[quote name='Toasted' post='712332' date='Jan 14 2010, 10:40 AM']Does anyone else look at something like this and come over all a bit giddy and think "oooh, imagine all the stuff I could fit in that bad boy"

[/quote]

Got one of those bad boys in the cupboard under my stairs. Loads of luverly tools in it too. Shame I'm cack at DIY and hate it with a passion then really :)

Edited by 51m0n

I like the idea of the platform trolley.
I was contemplating cobbling together a sort of wheeled tray device as an option instead of having to drill holes for casters in my new Hartke 410 cab.
This would allow it to be pushed across floors easily and also to be lifted off for good floor contact for live gigs.
The other option is get the drill out and install some detatchable casters to it. I'm really not sure if sitting on plastic wheels affects the sound quality, I guess it depends on the floor.
I suppose with the tea tray option I could push round the PA speakers as well if needed, and it keeps the 410 cab pristine. I'd fix a small lip to it so the cab didn't slide off when it was pushed.

[quote name='Al Heeley' post='712531' date='Jan 14 2010, 01:34 PM']I like the idea of the platform trolley.
I was contemplating cobbling together a sort of wheeled tray device as an option instead of having to drill holes for casters in my new Hartke 410 cab.
This would allow it to be pushed across floors easily and also to be lifted off for good floor contact for live gigs.
The other option is get the drill out and install some detatchable casters to it. I'm really not sure if sitting on plastic wheels affects the sound quality, I guess it depends on the floor.
I suppose with the tea tray option I could push round the PA speakers as well if needed, and it keeps the 410 cab pristine. I'd fix a small lip to it so the cab didn't slide off when it was pushed.[/quote]

The trolley is fine for moving stuff around but I wouldn't leave my cab with on it for a gig. The combination of 60lb head, ground clearance and and wheel spacing (which gives good manoverability) would make it a little vulnerable to tipping over. You would have to consider this in your design.

[quote name='V4lve' post='713377' date='Jan 15 2010, 08:34 AM']The trolley is fine for moving stuff around but I wouldn't leave my cab with on it for a gig. The combination of 60lb head, ground clearance and and wheel spacing (which gives good manoverability) would make it a little vulnerable to tipping over. You would have to consider this in your design.[/quote]
"[i]......and also to be lifted off for good floor contact for live gigs[/i]"
Also the tea tray with wheels shouldn't take up too much room slipped into the boot of the car with the cab.

Edited by Al Heeley

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Folding-sack-truck-trolley-wheels-new-6-Z_W0QQitemZ370264872355QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_BOI_Industrial_Supply_Material_Handling_ET?hash=item56358195a3"]I got one of these[/url] last year and it is pretty good. Sturdier wheels than some but folds away well.

[quote name='JayGarrett' post='714197' date='Jan 15 2010, 07:18 PM']I just went super cheap and paid £8 for a folding luggage rack from Walthamstow market - bosh!

RS210 fits nicely on it and I wont cry if someone steals it or if it breaks.[/quote]

Ah...thats good for the nice small rigs...cheers. But my Orange 4x10 is a monster....sounds awesome...but a monster to move!

I think I might just have to get a really good old style trolley...the big strong ones. That might not fold up...but it wont break neither!