Why become a member? ×

Bergantino Cabs

51m0n

Has anyone tried Bergantino cabs?

Specifically the new HS210's?

Just got my MB SA450, and its totally blowing me away. Now I want to get the 'right' cabs to go with it (my very ageing Laney 4x10's sound fine, but they are very big and very heavy!).

I heard great things about epifani, schroeder and aguilar, now I want to know if anyone here has tried these new berg cabs as they sound like they might be ideal for me, since i want a lot of volume from modular rig that can sound anything from old skool to modern hi-fi.

Any thoughts?

[quote name='Machines' post='78084' date='Oct 23 2007, 10:43 AM']I'm trying some out at MusicLive with BassDirect next weekend, will let you know :).[/quote]

Excellent chap, I couldn't get along - long old drive from Brighton. Really interested in the HS210, would love to know how loud a pair of them get, I reckon I'd stack them end on end to get a staggered vertical stack since it would make hearing them a doddle I reckon. Shame there isn't an HS115 though, that may well be my ideal rig.

Cheers.

[quote name='Toasted' post='78094' date='Oct 23 2007, 09:47 AM']I'm going to make a Berg cab one of my next purchases, I just need to decide on either the NV610 and the NV215. Argh.[/quote]

If U want punch & clarity that sounds old school as well as modern???!?!?!?!?!? handles overdrive really well & is just plain AWESOME -go the NV610!!!
If U want the big round less punchy but more 'bassy' effect of 15"s -still sounding awesome & able to sound modern-ish-due to the 6" driver in it-go the NV215!!!
Or to settle it once & for all- GET BOTH!!!!! :)

Thats what I'd do-if I could!! I'm SUPER happy with my NV610! Such a GREAT cab-makes ANY other cab I've had seem not as defined, too crisp, not as punchy, boomy, AND awkward to manouver! This is easy - just tilt roll, tilt & push into the car/van! I virtually NEVER have to lift it!

[quote name='poptart' post='78551' date='Oct 23 2007, 10:11 PM']Just to let you guys know that I have the full range in at the moment.

PM me if you are interested in a demo or want any info.

Regards

Mark[/quote]

No chance you bringing them down to Brighton for me to have a listen to is there? :huh:

Nah didn't think so! :)

[quote name='51m0n' post='78820' date='Oct 24 2007, 02:02 PM']No chance you bringing them down to Brighton for me to have a listen to is there? :huh:

Nah didn't think so! :)[/quote]

Erm......sorry a bit too far :huh: It is worth the trip if you are serious though - we may be able to do a 7 day try out, but you would have to cover any carriage costs. PM me if you have need any more info etc.

Regards

Mark