Why become a member? ×

Where can I find a preamp for my Alembic Distilated

claude

Hello,
sorry my English is poor...I own a Alembic distilated bass configuration is a rotary 4 position for the twoo pick ups (low inpedence) one volume and one tone
so in total 3 knobs plus 3 extra switch it is working with one 9V battery.
the preamps who inclued the volume pot and the tone is no more working...I ask several times to Alembic no repy...so if somebody can tel me where I wil find something similar who is working wiht the alembic pick ups
Kind regards
Claude
Brussels Belgium

[quote name='garethox' post='707819' date='Jan 10 2010, 05:26 PM']Hi Claude.

As far as I know the best bet would be to stick with Alembic. They are very, very busy and you will get a reply eventually.... patience is a must when dealing with Mica and the gang!

Good luck![/quote]

It is impossible to deal with Alembic there is no service , I have to find a other solution......

• 4 weeks later...

I'd suggest John East (East uk) here on the forum. The Alembic pickups are very low output (by design) so would need something "tweaked" to work well with them. It won't be cheap, but you really need something high quality for this. The bonus is that you can have the configuration you want, as long as its not too exotic!

I too gave up on Alembic when tryng to convert my old rack F2B to UK voltage. However, when they did eventually engage they were superb, and supplied a replacement transformer together with detailed instructions. Thats for a unit that was pushing 30 years old and is still very servicable.

As a side note..from what I've seen Alembic charge a lot of money for their on-board electronics. That would also make me look for alternatives..even if they did reply to my emails.

Hi
I have just fitted an ACG preamp into my Alembic Persuader and it's fantastic!
Alan at ACG Guitars had to do a small modification to it because of the low output of the Activator pickups and I would say it's definately an improvement on the original.
They are also a filter based preamp so are similar to Alembic in that respect.
A search on here and also on TalkBass will find you reviews and comments.
That's my recommendation anyway!