Why become a member? ×

RH450 - it's snuffed it!

Bass Culture

Bloody typical; just when you acquire the amp of your dreams it goes and dies on you two weeks after delivery! Plugged in the other morning and...er...nothing. Zilch, nada - no lights, no sound. There's a momentary quiet click but no indication of life on the display panel. As I've only had it a couple of weeks it's still under guaranteee so I've no worries about sending it back to Mark at Bass Direct for it to be sorted but I wondered if any other users have experienced the same thing? Or maybe it's got something against me!

It's not in any of its protections states (general or overheat) by the looks of things as there's no display and I've obviously left it and tried it after a while again with the same results. Oh, and the fuse hadsn;t gone in the kettle lead either!

Cheers,

Mark

[quote name='Bass Culture' post='698863' date='Jan 2 2010, 05:23 PM']Bloody typical; just when you acquire the amp of your dreams it goes and dies on you two weeks after delivery! Plugged in the other morning and...er...nothing. Zilch, nada - no lights, no sound. There's a momentary quiet click but no indication of life on the display panel. As I've only had it a couple of weeks it's still under guaranteee so I've no worries about sending it back to Mark at Bass Direct for it to be sorted but I wondered if any other users have experienced the same thing? Or maybe it's got something against me!

It's not in any of its protections states (general or overheat) by the looks of things as there's no display and I've obviously left it and tried it after a while again with the same results. Oh, and the fuse hadsn;t gone in the kettle lead either!

Cheers,

Mark[/quote]

Bizarre - I've had a look over mine to see if anything probable leaps out at me and can't think of anything unless internal.

It's not the wall socket or extension lead either?

Sorry to hear about that though - hope a quick swap puts everything right.

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='698878' date='Jan 2 2010, 05:34 PM']Oh Dear Mark

Sounds like the bath-tub curve has struck again.

I've heard of very few failures but those have been dealt with pretty damn expediently.

Peter[/quote]
Bath tub curve? :)

Mine did the same thing after about 2 months of use, I think it was a faulty power supply and it was replaced under warranty.

Its been fine since I got it back about 3 months ago and I wouldnt use any other Amp ----but I always carry a Back up to Gigs now!

Will.

[quote name='Musky' post='699025' date='Jan 2 2010, 07:50 PM']Bath tub curve? :)[/quote]

[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bathtub_curve"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bathtub_curve[/url]

Basically, things tend to either fail early due to inbuilt manufacturing faults or late due to age. The graph of failure rate against time looks like a bath tub.

Hmm, interesting, sounds as though this isn't exactly unique then. I'm sure it'll be sorted easily enough but it's a bit frustrating too as I'm not in the habit of having 'spare' amps sitting around to cover these kind of eventualities! This problem aside though, I absolutely love this amp.

This is quite worrying. I was close to pulling the trigger on one of these on new years day but a little voice in the back of my head reminded me that January's workload is far from definite... Think I'll wait a couple more months and see what develops with these issues.