Why become a member? ×

In a New York Minute (Don Henley)

Captain Bassman

Ok so my notation skills aren't perfect, I found it really hard to replicate the feel in the score, but as far as I can tell the notes are right, so you should be able to match them to the song and nail the feel by your self! This is all I could knock up since my last post, and is from when the bass enters, up to the first chorus :)

Hope it helps, may finish it off tomorrow if I get time!

[quote name='Higgie' post='692018' date='Dec 23 2009, 02:33 AM']Ok so my notation skills aren't perfect, I found it really hard to replicate the feel in the score, but as far as I can tell the notes are right, so you should be able to match them to the song and nail the feel by your self! This is all I could knock up since my last post, and is from when the bass enters, up to the first chorus :)

Hope it helps, may finish it off tomorrow if I get time![/quote]

Thanks very much! Very kind of you.

Be good if you do get time to finish it but if someone is able to scan a copy of BP mag's version then it would save you a lot of time and trouble! :rolleyes:

Cheers!

Not a problem mate, I like to transcribe stuff every now and then just to make sure my ears are still working, might as well help someone out in the process! I'll have a look at maybe getting this done this afternoon/evening if I get the chance, but don't want to promise anything!!

[quote name='Higgie' post='692018' date='Dec 23 2009, 02:33 AM']Ok so my notation skills aren't perfect, I found it really hard to replicate the feel in the score, but as far as I can tell the notes are right, so you should be able to match them to the song and nail the feel by your self! This is all I could knock up since my last post, and is from when the bass enters, up to the first chorus :)

Hope it helps, may finish it off tomorrow if I get time![/quote]

Nice work Higgie. Hearing that bassline really was a 'stop the car by the side of the road and listen in wonder' moment for me.

What software did you use to notate this, if you dont' mind me askin' ?

[quote name='pete.young' post='695694' date='Dec 29 2009, 04:24 PM']Nice work Higgie. Hearing that bassline really was a 'stop the car by the side of the road and listen in wonder' moment for me.

What software did you use to notate this, if you dont' mind me askin' ?[/quote]

Hi Pete, thanks alot! Just good old Guitar Pro 5 - Export as PDF :)

I have been meaning to get the rest of this done, but haven't had a lot of time. I will try and finish it by the end of the week!

Cheers