Why become a member? ×

Thinking about Muffs

eude

[quote name='eude' post='77686' date='Oct 22 2007, 11:35 AM']Thanks for all the input guys.
I think I'm going to try the Danelectro French Toast and if it's worth it, I'll re-house it for a bit more road worthiness, anyone got any tips for doing something like that?

If that fails, then I'm just going to have to find a decent guitar shop with a decent selection of pedals and just noodle for a while till I get the right one.

Also, on my travels I found these guys [url="http://www.happyrobotmusic.co.uk/pedals.html"]Happy Robot Music[/url].
They look pretty interesting too, seen them on "Buy It Now" on ebay for £35 to £40...

Cheers,
Eude[/quote]
i will be expecting delivery of my happy robot bass fuzz tomorrow, il let you know what its like

[quote name='BassManKev' post='77902' date='Oct 22 2007, 10:12 PM']i will be expecting delivery of my happy robot bass fuzz tomorrow, il let you know what its like[/quote]

Nice one dude,
I'd really appreciate that!
Having checked his site out, he's done some pretty freaky noise generator stuff and it looks like he's up for trying out different things at the customers request...
Might be nice to see if he could do a bass fuzz with volume and blend controls...

Eude

the fuzz is nice, i got the one with just the volume control

sounds very decent when put through the gt6b's eq, makes up for lack of tone control

im actually very tempted to sell my woolly mammoth, as this happy robot fuzz sounds almost the same as the sound i use the woolly for

interesting

[quote name='BassManKev' post='78240' date='Oct 23 2007, 01:08 PM']the fuzz is nice, i got the one with just the volume control

sounds very decent when put through the gt6b's eq, makes up for lack of tone control

im actually very tempted to sell my woolly mammoth, as this happy robot fuzz sounds almost the same as the sound i use the woolly for

interesting[/quote]

Nice one Kev, I might give one of these a try.
Think I'll get the French Toast anyway, as they cost peanuts.
Did you buy the fuzz from ebay or direct?

Cheers,
Eude

Works well with an Active Bass! That's good news!
I think Mr. Happy Robot is about to recieve an email from yours truly.

Is this getting a little over the top?
Custom Bass, Custom Fuzz Pedal.... Where will it stop!?

Eude

[quote name='cheddatom' post='78682' date='Oct 24 2007, 09:37 AM']Custom hat?[/quote]

I never really suited hats, but maybe that's because I never got a custom made one!
You could be on to something there bud...

Cheers,
Eude

[quote name='Johnzy' post='79320' date='Oct 25 2007, 12:06 PM']anyone thought about the samsamp?
theres now a programable version!![/quote]

Yeah, I have Sansamp BDI, which I've used on and off for distortion, however, it doesn't work too well with my Shuker as the output is very hot at 18V, so I get a kinda brittle high end out of it, plus the whole thing seems to muddy up a bit when I use it too, sucks the punch out of my tone.
Worked great with my Thumb Bass though...

I'm looking for a big thick wall of sound type fuzz, like the bass sound on the Karp album, if any of you have heard it, which the Sansamp can't do anyway, as far as I'm aware.

Cheers,
Eude

[quote name='BassManKev' post='78277' date='Oct 23 2007, 01:52 PM']ebay for £30

another thing, its sounds great with active as well as passive, which is just awesome[/quote]
Do you lose any level with an active?

I seem to have this problem with my French Toast.