Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN: BC-Rich Ironbird USA.

Shockwave

Hey guys.

Not sure about this one.

I bought this New Old stock from germany a few months ago. It had some issues like pickups wired the wrong way and a neck crack issue which has all been fixed. It is currently getting setup at my local. The bass has not been played at all ZERO fret wear. Probably been played for the best part of 20 mins.

Its heavy metal as can be. Big Black pointy and mean.

Took me Flipping ages to find one and quite a bit of money.

It completely nails the megadeth early bass sound (Peace sells but whos buying etc)

Heres on in action :)

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWn-KRPCWiA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWn-KRPCWiA[/url]

Its a bolt on USA model, Early 90's, P-j Config. All black hardware. The pickups sound bloody fantastic, Passive but are VERY hot. Lots of nice grind coming from them. Grover tuners. Comes with the Original hardshell case which in itself is worth ALOT. They are very hard to get hold of and BC Rich wont make em anymore.

Reason i may sell is that i want to get a neck thru model or custom shop model in the new year and i would like to put some funds to it.

Trades i may consider, Other pointy basses, Pink basses, Headless basses, Jazzer's, stingrays, Yamaha Billy sheehan models, i would LOVE an 8 string octaved bass.

Pickup will be from bristol, I will not send this as its far too oversized. (This is a BIG bass)

Pics.

[url="http://img178.imageshack.us/my.php?image=im000396mj9.jpg"][/url]

[url="http://img165.imageshack.us/my.php?image=im000398me0.jpg"][/url]

Edited by Shockwave

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='77084' date='Oct 20 2007, 06:42 PM']<faint noise of wind whistling in the background>

<tumbleweed rolls by as a gate creaks on its rusted hinges>

[size=7]NO[/size]

:huh:[/quote]

MB1. :huh:
Who Tribute anyone?..... :) ER?.......Monkey Trousers!

[quote name='Shockwave' post='77128' date='Oct 20 2007, 08:04 PM']Lornes far to poor for it at the mo :)[/quote]

I think you should check with me about my finances before making assumptions mate!

On the plane to me right now :-

Also a pair of Dimarzio Split P pick ups and a Chrome Badass II as well as some other stuff-once the Warlock arrives,it will be ripped apart to rebuild this

A Mk I Ironbird (Import)

I certainly wouldn't spend £500 on a bolt on ANYTHING,least of all a MK II Ironbird,not my thing-sorry

[quote name='Lorne' post='77147' date='Oct 20 2007, 10:13 PM']I think you should check with me about my finances before making assumptions mate!

On the plane to me right now :-

Also a pair of Dimarzio Split P pick ups and a Chrome Badass II as well as some other stuff-once the Warlock arrives,it will be ripped apart to rebuild this

A Mk I Ironbird (Import)

I certainly wouldn't spend £500 on a bolt on ANYTHING,least of all a MK II Ironbird,not my thing-sorry[/quote]

Hehe, yeah i thought so. Nice Basses mate. How did you wiggle those ones through the wife?

I am still trying to thrash something out with BCR and Larry, I have had two guys look at the bass and tell me the neck angle is wrong.

Edited by Shockwave

[quote name='Shockwave' post='77151' date='Oct 20 2007, 10:21 PM']Hehe, yeah i thought so. Nice Basses mate. How did you wiggle those ones through the wife?

I am still trying to thrash something out with BCR and Larry, I have had two guys look at the bass and tell me the neck angle is wrong.[/quote]

I've had the Ironbird for over 2 years,2 f***ed necks,so I was offered a stonking deal on the 100 piece N.J. II Warlock,and the wife bought it for me,for My birthday-I knew there was a reason for marrying her-other than she's gorgeous :)

[quote name='steve-soar' post='77157' date='Oct 20 2007, 10:30 PM']My head says NO, my heart says YES. Why should everything look like a Jazz Bass or a Fodera?[/quote]

I'll take that KGB headless;-)

Anyway, Your right, Pointy is good, its a showbase in every sense of the word, but plays bloody nice, hit me up with an offer if you feel like going crazy :)(

Rob