Why become a member? ×

Mazeti 5 string Through-neck Fretless

Wooks

Do to this not being used much and because my archery has taken more of a precedent in my life, I would like for this beautiful Mazeti 5 string Through-neck Fretless bass to find a good home where it will loved and used more than it is by me. Like I said archery is my passion and hopefully if I am lucky enough to sell this I would like to put the money towards getting a new recurve bow......not all cheap :)
I bought this from a company on EBay for my Christmas present last year and to be honest it hasn't had much because I'm still learning and I use my fretted bass more, so it's virtually like new. To be honest I only asked Santa for it because I couldn't think of anything else that I wanted :rolleyes: So it is sat in her gig bag feeling neglected and un-loved, so she needs a new owner that will give her that loving feeling again :wub:
It has a walnut body and looks very much alike a Warwick in shape, but don't let that put you off :lol: I think it's a 35" scale, not sure what the fretboard is made of but is smooth without any dings, although there is a small mark on the back of the neck, (pictured below), which was on the neck when I got it but it doesn't in no way affect the way it plays.
It has a pre-amp built in for some extra power, and the little toggle switch enables you play it in either active or passive mode and so you get the best of both worlds!
It came with D'addario strings fitted but I swopped them over to La Bella deep talker flat wounds to prevent the fretboard from being marked, but I will include the original strings and a couple of spare sets of flat wounds with the bass, if the new owner wants them.
It has got a minor ding in the top of the body but it is on the back and is not very noticeable but I've tried to show it in the picture below.
I've got a gig bag for it and the original box that it came to me in too. I would prefer collection in person from my home in Hampshire, but can ship and will discuss by which method and total costs involved with the lucky person that buys it :lol:

[attachment=38599:DSCF1624.JPG] [attachment=38607:DSCF1613.JPG] [attachment=38600:DSCF1614.JPG] [attachment=38601:DSCF1618.JPG] [attachment=38602:DSCF1619.JPG] [attachment=38603:DSCF1621.JPG] [attachment=38604:DSCF1623.JPG] [attachment=38605:DSCF1625.JPG] [attachment=38606:DSCF1629.JPG]

I would like £300 ono and to see it like I said to go to a good home.
She has now gone to her new home and to live with Tauzero.....Thanks matey!!

Edited by Wooks

[quote name='tauzero' post='693178' date='Dec 24 2009, 09:06 PM']What's the neck like in terms of width and thickness?[/quote]
Hi yer mate
It's around 4 cm wide and 1.5 cm deep at fret 1 and 6.5cm wide and 2.5 cm deep at the 20th. So I think that it's quite a slim neck really, and it plays very nicely.
I hope that this helps and thanks for asking.
Merry Christmas to one and all. I hope you have a great day :)