Why become a member? ×

Greetings and Merry Christmas from Newcastle!

Conan

Hi, I'm Geoff (sometimes known as "Big Geoff" - due to my physical size rather than other dimensions!)

I've already posted a few times on here so I thought I'd best do the polite thing and introduce myself. Oh damn - I've already done that haven't I? :lol:

Been playing bass since I was about 13. Sadly, that's now about 30 years! Eeek! :rolleyes:

Not currently playing in a gigging band, and the last band I played with that anyone in the North East might have remotely heard of was the Lounge Lizards. After a break of a few years due to kids, job etc; but am trying to get a prog-rock covers band up and running...

In many ways I'm kinda "between gear" at the moment - with two guitars I'm trying sell (Ibanez musician MC824DS and a Jackson C5A), another I've recently purchased (Cort Curbow 5) and one definite keeper that I've had from new bought in 1986 (Status series 2 4-string fretted).

Amp-wise, I was always a Trace kinda guy - but as I was using my AH250+1048+1518 stack less and less frequently I tried to sell it a couple of years ago. No cash buyers but I ended up swapping them for an Ampeg SVT-200T and SVT115E cab. A lot smaller, but not much lighter! So I'm currently reading with a great deal of interest the cabinet threads on here and getting seriously confused by mentions of all these manufacturers I've never heard of! Examples would include the likes of Bergantino, Aguilar, Genz Benz, Epifani, BarefacedBass, TecAmp and MarkBass! :) I also discovered that, although I was unsure what the acronym (used correctly in this case!) GAS was, I have a serious case of it at the mo!! :lol:

Anyway, I feel that the skills I would bring to the post are..... Oops, sorry - but it was starting to sound like an application letter there! :lol:

Enough already. Back to reading the gear threads!! :lol:

Edited by Conan