Why become a member? ×

MARK KING XMAS SONG !

blamelouis

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='687007' date='Dec 17 2009, 08:49 AM']If you look at Heather's other videos, they all build up to this one...

I thought it was great of him to spend the time doing the track in his studio and making the video. As always, Mark's a great guy :)[/quote]

I wonder if the change in sleeve lengths (short on his left, long on his right) is one of Marks little jokes?! 4:37

Ha ha, Marks voice sounds really good! He did well to hit those high notes. The Heathrow inspired fills and groove are nostalgic too. :)

The video is obviously lip syncing but hell, who cares. Its the thought that counts. :rolleyes:

Merry Christmas Mark and Heather.

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='687075' date='Dec 17 2009, 10:10 AM']Ha ha, Marks voice sounds really good! He did well to hit those high notes. The Heathrow inspired fills and groove are nostalgic too. :)

The video is obviously lip syncing but hell, who cares. Its the thought that counts. :rolleyes:

Merry Christmas Mark and Heather.[/quote]
Yeah his voice sounds great .

Love that!! Great stuff. As others have said, his voice is sounding better than ever.

BTW, what is that bass he's thumbing? Looks like a Status - is it some kind of "signature" model?

OK, off to listen to The Pursuit of Accidents now!! ^_^

[quote name='Conan' post='688095' date='Dec 18 2009, 10:14 AM']Love that!! Great stuff. As others have said, his voice is sounding better than ever.

BTW, what is that bass he's thumbing? Looks like a Status - is it some kind of "signature" model?

OK, off to listen to The Pursuit of Accidents now!! ^_^[/quote]

He's playing a Status-Graphite KingBass Mk-I in the video. These days he mainly plays the larger, headed Mk-II model. Lovely basses. But then I would say that, wouldn't I? :)

It's not half bad that actually and Mark's voice has matured, he sounds really good, not as nasal as he used to be sometimes. Love the thumbed bassline, is this a first for christmas songs I wonder?

How about Marcus Miller doing a thumbed version of The Waitresses "Christmas Wrapping"...?

That REALLY made me smile!! and I'm usually the worst kind of a Scrooge,as well....so..

Big thanks to the Guv'nor for the "cheer up"

Happy Xmas Mark, and all you Basschatters!

From chez
Wittreth :)

By The Way...
Innit great that a successful artist STILL gives a toss?

Edited by witterth