Why become a member? ×

Okay, so who here has twins?

Moos3h

not saying I've got OCD but aren't twins compulsory?. Maybe its a ying yang thing but so far I've had

3 x stingrays
3 x precisions
7 x jazzes
3 x telecasters
4 x thunderbirds
3 x RDs
2 x Rippers
2 x BB2024x

maybe not all at the same time but at least in twos. Isn't that why they make them in different colours? It's the way forward.

• 2 months later...

[quote name='Paul_C' post='904610' date='Jul 25 2010, 11:18 AM']

left to right:

Modulus Sonic Hammer
Modulus Jazz
Bongo 5 HS
Bongo 4HS
Bongo 4H
Stingray 4
Status Stealth 6
Status Stealth 4[/quote]

At risk of creaming myself slightly. How old is that photograph Paul? Is the Sonic Hammer my old one?

Ok, I posted in this section ages ago, but applying the rule "no picture, no bass(es), g.t.f.o.", here they are, U.S. Masters EP42s, though the Lacewood one has had the neck replaced with a black lined fretless one. The original neck is something else though (birdseye), eh?

These are both very early ones, #61 and #101

[attachment=60815:EP42_twins.JPG] [attachment=60814:necks.jpg]

[quote name='alanbass1' post='852360' date='May 31 2010, 09:04 AM']My twins

[/quote]

Great to see two together. Almost as bad as me having two sets of Moog Taurus bass pedals. My CS is shown earlier in the thread.

I wonder how many there are on basschat?

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Moos3h' post='686643' date='Dec 16 2009, 07:34 PM']Just received yesterday my second Squier Classic Vibe Jazz! I've recently realised that the CV Jazz is without doubt my favourite bass to play and I love the sound! So when searching for a good bass to use as a backup, it was the logical choice!

The rest of my band think I'm weird (I'm not going to disagree), but if something works, why not!

Anyone else in the same boat?

Cheers,
James[/quote]

[URL=http://s1167.photobucket.com/user/FairfaxAikman/media/Veillette%20Citron%20Basses/My2VCs2.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q639/FairfaxAikman/Veillette%20Citron%20Basses/My2VCs2.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My VCs - fretted and fretless...

Edited by TheGreek

• 5 months later...

Late to the show on this one.

Non-identical twins:- On the left a genuine 1962 Jazz with Gibson EBO pickup added. On the right an early 70's custom built repro with Mighty Mite ebony fretless neck.

Apologies to the purist/collector types for the 1962 but it was done in 1969 when the bass cost £45.00!

[attachment=77462:002.JPG]

[quote name='hillbilly deluxe' post='1199237' date='Apr 14 2011, 11:47 AM']You are Billy Sheehan,i claim my £5.[/quote]

I think I did it first - may have to sue Billy for copying the idea.

I still think you're worth the fiver though. I can't pay you in cash but, next time you're down this way, I can supply £5 worth of gentleman's literature.

I have two Ibanez Prestiges - a SR4005E 5er from the middle of last year, and a SR5000E (essentially the same but with 4 strings and a fancy wenge top) that was added very recently.

Pics if anyone's interested, though these basses don't often get much interest!

• 2 months later...

I have a few sets of twins (but none identical!):

1963 & 1972 Fender Precisions in sunburst (soon to become triplets with a '64 on its way)

1978 & 2010 Fender Jazzes in chrome blue & olympic white

1986 & 2010 Fodera Monarchs in zebrano & yin yang finish

A pair of Celinder J's, one is 90's vintage shape in sunburst and the other is a a newer J update in trans red

I really need tog et the camera out now don't I!

• 2 years later...