Why become a member? ×

Peter Gabriel-Sledgehammer

LeftyBiskit

[quote name='ezbass' post='686749' date='Dec 16 2009, 08:11 PM']Fretless MM played with a pick through an octave pedal (a bit of chorus won't go amiss either).[/quote]

That's exactly what I do. Fretless Stingray, Boss OC-2, Analogman Chorus. I play it with fingers though cos I suck with a pick :)

[quote name='ahpook' post='686784' date='Dec 16 2009, 09:25 PM']iirc it was played on a fretless musicman sabre, with mutes

i may be wrong...i may be right.[/quote]

You are correct Sir, TL still uses his fretless Sabre for playing this live with Peter Gabriel. It's the one with the THRAK sticker on it.

Oh dear I am a sad TL anorak!

Not the best example as the sound quality is sh*te, but you get the basic idea:

Also please excuse the sync issue, the sh*te playing, and intonation issues. On second thought, why the hell did I even post this video? :)

Edited by Higgie

[quote name='Higgie' post='687941' date='Dec 18 2009, 01:43 AM']Also please excuse the sync issue, the sh*te playing, and intonation issues. On second thought, why the hell did I even post this video? :)[/quote]

rubbish...sounds like a damn fine bit of playing to me !

and yes...nice sock pile in the background :rolleyes:

Edited by ahpook

• 10 years later...

Thread resurrection!

I saw this analysis/breakdown of Sledgehammer, with isolated parts, that recently went up on YouTube.

It's a bit 'all over the shop' but does a nice job and has Tony Franklin making an appearance as a guest contributor (Bass section starts 2:35 mins in)

Enjoy!

YouTube Link here    

Edited by Noisyjon
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Noisyjon said:

Thread resurrection!

I saw this analysis/breakdown of Sledgehammer, with isolated parts, that recently went up on YouTube.

It's a bit 'all over the shop' but does a nice job and has Tony Franklin making an appearance as a guest contributor (Bass section starts 2:35 mins in)

Enjoy!

YouTube Link here    

Love that, great level of detail he's pulled together. 

Great series in fact, now working through the others.. 

Edited by Drax
  • Like 1