Why become a member? ×

Stringsdirect

SimBass

Just wanted to add a note to recommend StringsDirect ([url="http://www.stringsdirect.co.uk/"]http://www.stringsdirect.co.uk/[/url]) there is a similar thread from 2 years ago but I think an update is due.
Ordered yesterday afternoon (due to cheapest for my favoured Warwick Black Label) arrived at 9am this morning via free delivery. And its our Office Christmas Lunch today so feeling all festive I decided to make the effort and thank them for the great service...and they sent my a 10% off code for my next order!!!
Please don't all email them for a code since I don't think it works like that, however they really do deserve to have their praises sung...plus they price match and do much more than just strings!

(edited to add link)

Edited by SimBass

+1000 to that. They are truly the benchmark company when it comes to supplying strings - I have ordered at 4pm and received strings the following day, and as I'm across the water this is no mean feat I can tell you!

I'll continue to use them until I give up playing I think!

I just ordered 2 sets of 6 string bass strings you know the older e to e sets I rang them up and they told me which they had in stock and recommended which models of the strings would suit the bass I'm getting

Also great that you can buy with paypal allowing you to get rid of those pesky pennies people send you when buying stuff off here

Edited by tayste_2000

[quote name='dannybuoy' post='686269' date='Dec 16 2009, 01:10 PM']Yeah, I emailed them recently for a single low B string that wasn't listed on the site. They gave me a link to order it and it turned up the next day! So check with them if they don't have what you want in stock![/quote]

They did the same thing for me when I wanted something I couldn't find....what it was I forget! But they have always been excellent every time I have used them.

[quote name='JD1' post='686692' date='Dec 16 2009, 07:15 PM']Been using them for years. 1st class always. Next day, free of charge, without fail. Never thanked them though - perhaps I should have![/quote]

me too...its the postage thing i like...but i do comparisons with buster as well
in stock means a lot when you are deciding and then plump for the very string you want
i have always found their stock levels good...and the next day service spot on!

good email replies as well if you need to query something...they got me a thomastik jazz round B straight off

Same here,

I have been using them for years they have always been 1st class. Only once they got my order wrong, I ordered one off the little Fender foldable guitar stands, and they sent out the acoustic guitar version! I gave them a quick call, they apologised and they sent the correct stand next day and for the inconvenience they said I could keep the acoustic guitar stand...

Cheers
João

Edited by baixo

I never buy stuff from anyone else, I once ordered some strings and lemon oil, got an email about 20 minutes later saying the lemon oil was out of stock, really apologetic because it was listed as in stock on the site, they refunded me the full amount (incl. postage), sent me the strings, then 2 weeks later sent me the lemon oil, including a free t-shirt.

Infact, I do need some new strings and a cable.....

+1...bought a Yamaha acoustic for our eldest, cheapest around, and IN STOCK and got a few freebies thrown in and, also bought my Ernie Ball flatwounds from them too, which were also cheapest, and IN STOCK....I emphasize the [b]in stock [/b]as I had trouble with both items from other suppliers advertising stuff that was really a case, of I order first then they will order from their supplier and then send to you adding days to the order.

i ordered 2 sets of strings from this lot based on the recommendations here - i needed next day delivery, which they said would be included in the price with orders over £50 (which is why i ordered 2 sets). this was on thursday, it is now saturday, and my strings never arrived. it turns out they forgot.
absolute sh!te, i'll never use them again.

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='690422' date='Dec 21 2009, 09:56 AM']OOOOOO I've waited over 3 days for my 2 sets of strings, they must be slipping.

That or it's Christmas :)[/quote]

i'm not sure if that post is taking the piss out of what i wrote - if you spend over £50 they're supposed to send them out guaranteed for next day, christmas or not - i placed my order over the phone and was guaranteed this, as long as i ordered an extra set. that's the whole reason i ordered 2 sets and not 1. as it is, my strings are still not here and i might as well have got them from somewhere more reliable, which is exactly what i'll do next time.

[quote name='project_c' post='690805' date='Dec 21 2009, 05:11 PM']i'm not sure if that post is taking the piss out of what i wrote - if you spend over £50 they're supposed to send them out guaranteed for next day, christmas or not - i placed my order over the phone and was guaranteed this, as long as i ordered an extra set. that's the whole reason i ordered 2 sets and not 1. as it is, my strings are still not here and i might as well have got them from somewhere more reliable, which is exactly what i'll do next time.[/quote]

Nothing to do with what you wrote sorry, I only spent about 27 quid on my strings just use to getting them next day from these guys regardless of what I pay for postage.

Still no signs of my strings, will christmas be ruined because my Bass VI is still a baritone guitar?