Why become a member? ×

eminence delta 12 speakers

fede162162

hi guys!can somebody tell me something about these speakers?

i have to use one of these speakers for a 1x12 + tweeter(for the tweeter i've already chosen Ciare) with bass reflex,and i can't understand which is better between delta 12,deltapro 12, delta 12LF ,or if is better the Kappa series..

thanks very much!!!

Edited by fede162162

Seems like the Delta 12 is now discontinued, but I'm sure Eminence can email you an old PDF.

Ported (reflex) cabs need to be matched to drivers, so if you already have a cab, you need to figure out (at least) the resonant frequency of the port....

Apologies if you are already well aware :)

[quote name='Stewart' post='75475' date='Oct 17 2007, 04:54 AM']Ported (reflex) cabs need to be matched to drivers, so if you already have a cab, you need to figure out (at least) the resonant frequency of the port....[/quote]At the very least, to say the least. A proper driver match requires using a comprehensive box program, like WinISD Alpha Pro, to determine not only box/driver compatablility but also to predict SPL and, perhaps most important for electric bass, displacement limited low frequency power/SPL. And that's just below 200 Hz. Above 200 Hz you must use the SPL charts on the driver manufacturer data sheets to see if the midrange/HF response is adequate.
The Delta 12 has insufficient xmax/displacement limited power for electric bass, the D12LF must be used with a midrange driver for a good result. The Delta Pro 12 is a good bass driver, but like every driver must be matched to a cabinet with proper specs to function well. The fact that the original poster is asking what he's asking to begin with would indicate that he isn't familiar with speaker enclosure modeling software, so he would be better off building a tested design with appropriate drivers rather than using the dartboard approach.

i explain to you the matter:

there's a guy who's offering me a beautiful cab built by delta 12 specs. and i want to know if a delta 12 speaker is a good speaker for bass guitar. the seller told me that if i want he can also put an other delta 12 speaker like the 12LF and hold the delta12, but i told him not,because i believe that a delta 12 speaker needs different cab specs.

so you are saying me that a 1x12 cab with delta12 speaker isn't a good cab?

[quote name='fede162162' post='75909' date='Oct 18 2007, 04:44 AM']i explain to you the matter:

there's a guy who's offering me a beautiful cab built by delta 12 specs. and i want to know if a delta 12 speaker is a good speaker for bass guitar. the seller told me that if i want he can also put an other delta 12 speaker like the 12LF and hold the delta12, but i told him not,because i believe that a delta 12 speaker needs different cab specs.

so you are saying me that a 1x12 cab with delta12 speaker isn't a good cab?[/quote]Why don't you just try it?

my apologies to those more technical seeking the maximum efficiency from a carefully tuned to a specific application enclosure - but regardless of what speakers initially come in a manufactured box, there is usually something better, as most people selling cabinets have to balance efficiency with cost - and many offer choices of speakers within a box. eminence's webite has guidelines for acceptable ranges of size/ports for each speaker to yeild goog (to them) results - so although there is an optimum/theoretically perfect box, a good speaker will work in most any box better than a not so good speaker. and a good speaker will work in an open back application, which is essentially no box at all.

the delta pro is a very good speaker - I use it for guitar & bass, I know other people who use them for either, all are quite pleased. it does fall off a little for low B - check the charts. maybe a kappa would be better for that, but they lack top end.