Why become a member? ×

Barefaced T'Vintage Review.

Shockwave

[quote name='Clarky' post='692709' date='Dec 24 2009, 12:07 AM']There you go hyping again - the Vicuna is clearly better adapted to higher altitudes than the Lllama, weighs less and can bleat louder when pushed

[attachment=38825:408.jpg][/quote]

LMAO

Classic post. :)

[quote name='Clarky' post='691060' date='Dec 21 2009, 10:02 PM']Yes, as I understand it (not been on it myself other than to look at the log-in page). I believe it features a number of BC exiles and/or persona non grata (eg Bass Ferret) thus there is some sort of rivalry that gets cited occasionally when there is a controversy on this site.[/quote]

as Harry Hill would say......."fight"

seeing as I am not an exile I must be a 'persona non grata' ?

I wish I was as far as HMRC was concerned.....

Bastards......

The HMRC that is... :)

Bastards......

The HMRC that is...

+1, they (HMRC) sold their premises years ago to a company set up in the bermudas (tax haven), in order to lease them back from said co. (mapeley) at a low rent. Now it appears that mapeley are now charging more than they said originally (shock !) and that far from saving the taxpayer money, it's already cost more. don't you just love the thieving hypocrites ?
see latest private eye for details..

Edited by phil.i.stein

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, I have to admit don't like seeing a chunk taken out of my payslip every month, but at least with PAYE I don't get any nasty surprises.

For that sort of tax though I'd have though it would be better to pay £300 to an accountant to set you up as a limited company and then claim back all your expenses, which is usually way more than the tax comes to.

Edited by Alpha-Dave

To be honest nobody told me how to do anything, so as it was a one-off bunch of work, I'm just going to have to take the hit. I guess as it was technically a second job at the time I have been taxed rather heavily for it. They can take it all and kiss my arse. Not even fussed any more. You're damned if you do and damned if you don't, so I'm just enjoying myself.

[quote name='Alpha-Dave' post='702109' date='Jan 5 2010, 08:53 PM']For that sort of tax though I'd have though it would be better to pay £300 to an accountant to set you up as a limited company and then claim back all your expenses[/quote]

Dead right Dave, but you don't need to be a limited company to claim it all back, just a sole trader. I ran as a sole trader for the last 10+ years and have only just gone LTD since going fully self employed last year. The band stuff has only ever been a part time paid hobby

Go get yourself an accountant Ped.....it would be money very well spent :)

• 6 months later...

[b][size=2][color="#FF0000"][size=3]Update
[/size][/color][/size][/b]
Have had it for quite a while now! Its the only cab i use and will probably ever use! Never had a problem with the replaced one. It is sturdy enough for gigging and soundwise is exactly what i am looking for!

Props to Alex for a quality product. :)

[quote name='Shockwave' post='914557' date='Aug 4 2010, 08:08 AM']Have had it for quite a while now! Its the only cab i use and will probably ever use! Never had a problem with the replaced one. It is sturdy enough for gigging and soundwise is exactly what i am looking for!

Props to Alex for a quality product. :)[/quote]
Sounds like mine - it gets properly abused by our crew in and out of gigs and hasn't got a scar to show for it.

[quote name='Shockwave' post='914557' date='Aug 4 2010, 08:08 AM'][b][size=2][color="#FF0000"][size=3]Update
[/size][/color][/size][/b]
Have had it for quite a while now! Its the only cab i use and will probably ever use! Never had a problem with the replaced one. It is sturdy enough for gigging and soundwise is exactly what i am looking for!

Props to Alex for a quality product. :)[/quote]

Likewise. Although I haven't had mine for as long, I can't see me wanting anything else (especially as I'm now using Robs ex preamp with it:))