Happy Jack

Obscure Musical Backwaters - The Great SGC Nanyo Thread

1 hour ago, TheGreek said:

Usual tonal package from the Nanyo preamp/ pickups - again reminders of why I love these Basses so much. I have an Overwater preamp that I bought with the thought of replacing the existing one - don't think I need to - yes, the Overwater may be a "better" pre but there really isn't anything missing/lacking with the standard one. Clearly no need to swap them over (local luthier is locked down anyway).

Beautiful job. IMHO the one thing missing from the stock pre-amp is an active/passive switch, particularly as you have to remove the cavity cover to change batteries.

6 hours ago, BassBunny said:

Beautiful job. IMHO the one thing missing from the stock pre-amp is an active/passive switch, particularly as you have to remove the cavity cover to change batteries.

My 465 now has one, it's a feature of the Nordstrand preamp which replaced the long-ago-failed original. I never use it. The batteries last for years.

Ooooh, look what I found!

I've seen a few Marina basses over the years, but always in (rather unattractive) solid colours.

Now isn't this a lovely piece of wood?

60558995_MarinaSB301.thumb.jpg.9c0f923eebf1341940d3abfef78c99ca.jpg

• Like 3

10 hours ago, pete.young said:

My 465 now has one, it's a feature of the Nordstrand preamp which replaced the long-ago-failed original. I never use it. The batteries last for years.

I've got Glockenklang pre-amps in all my Bass Collections so have the passive option and they have made a massive difference.

Only needed to use it once but it was in a situation where changing the battery would have been a mare to do.

Usually I take my BBNE2 as a spare. Which goes to show just how good these basses are. Anyhoo, it's nice to see my favourite thread title of all time make a brief return to the first page.

53 minutes ago, King Tut said:

This resurrection has encouraged me to give mine an airing!

It never died, Tut, it never died!

• Like 2

I have a double new bass day post !

A stock SB315 which i picked a month or so ago it's a really great bass lovely to play.... I'm pretty sure Steve who sold me the bass is a basschatter and an SB330 which I just received today. It's an absolutely beautiful bass, somewhere along the line the pickups have been swapped for EMGs and what looks like and an EMG BTS system with an additional passive tone pot. It's all been done really tastefully and on first impressions it sounds fantastic.

I was thinking of having one defretted but I don't know they are both so nice.

IMG_4699.thumb.JPG.628fdc3d30307e723033006bddb0aa2a.JPGIMG_5050.thumb.JPG.7573818586c5992dfe5a979429a6c34b.JPG

• Like 2

Stop quibbling! It's lush ...

• Haha 1

Just put my @Andyjr1515 refurbed 310 back in the rack. I've been practicing with my G&L M2000 recently, it's by no means a bad bass, but after playing the 310 again, the light weight, great tones and the slim neck reminded me how under-rated (even by owners) these are.

Edited by TheGreek
  • Like 3