Why become a member? ×

Any Roachford fans around here?

Delberthot

I've now seen Roachford 6 times and would consider them one of my favourite bands.

Andrew Roachford has had a new band since at least 2005 but I only saw them perform at the beginning of November. the previous 5 times were with Derrick Taylor on bass playing duties who is a fantastic player.

An absolutely amazingly talented musician/vocalist, his uncle Bill taught Ronnie Scott how to play sax.

Although I am a rocker and funker at heart, i absolutely love his music and will definitely see him again if he comes up here again.

Any more fans of Andrew or his more than capable bass player, Raoul?

God yeah!

Saw them loads of times during the 90's. Some really great tunes played by great musicians. One of those bands you'd go and see at small venues and only be feet from. Brilliant.

Derrick Taylor is such a fabulous player, always aspired to be like him. Always the right notes at exactly the right times, never over played and the groove is king. Always deep in the pocket! What a great bassist should be IMHO.

T

"Always the right notes at exactly the right times,"

OOHH!! :) sorry, really not taking the pi$$
But that made me smile/laugh, one for the quote thread...?
despite, knowing what you mean ,in context...
prehaps the ultimate compilment/competance for ANY musician :rolleyes:
(Eric Morecambe to Andre Preview, anyone?)

I assume that's Roachford as in the single 'cuddly toy'??

I absolutely loved that single when it came out, but I bought the album (vinyl!) and didn't connect to anything else on it at the time. Can't even remember how the rest of it sounded now. If I had a record player available I'd give it a spin right now!

I saw the new Roachford lineup in Glasgow at the end of October. They were playing the ABC2 which is a small venue. To see them in this environment was fantastic. I had only ever saw them in larger venues and that was when Derrick was playing. I have been a fan of Roachford for many years and I too am a rocker at heart but this band are truly fantastic.

[quote name='Golchen' post='674758' date='Dec 5 2009, 09:40 AM']I assume that's Roachford as in the single 'cuddly toy'??

I absolutely loved that single when it came out, but I bought the album (vinyl!) and didn't connect to anything else on it at the time. Can't even remember how the rest of it sounded now. If I had a record player available I'd give it a spin right now![/quote]
Actually got the cd in front of me while reading your answer..
no way, kathleen, family man, the whole album is great!!
Just putting it on the stereo now...

I tried to buy the Cuddly Toy CD single when it was new but the 'record' shop got me another version (Andy's records), there were many then, but I rejected it. Anyway, that turned out to be the one I really wanted, even after all these years I still haven't found that letterbox style, 8 inches by 3 inches, CD single I rejected. :) I have others of course.

I even bought it again recently from Nokia for my phone. :rolleyes: