Why become a member? ×

TC electronics RH 450

FLoydElgar

[quote name='peted' post='690478' date='Dec 21 2009, 11:11 AM']All these positive comments are doing nothing for my GAS![/quote]

Nor mine.

Spotted Nick Beggs using a TC Electronics setup at a recent Steve Hackett gig and that made me curious about these. Like what I've heard on the web so I hope to be checking them out for myself in person soon. I've certainly got to the point in life where I'm fed up lugging a huge rig around, certainly for smaller gigs anyway.

Anybody know anywhere that's doing these cheap(er)?

Been reading these reviews and comments with interest! Thanks guys!

One thing that I've noticed is that there is a massive price difference between the amp and the cabs. Any reasons for this? Would the TC cabs be compatible with other amps? Does it imply that the cabs are not made to quite the same standards, or has someone made a mistake in the pricing policy? :)

[quote name='jonsmith' post='700182' date='Jan 4 2010, 12:57 AM']Nor mine.

Spotted Nick Beggs using a TC Electronics setup at a recent Steve Hackett gig and that made me curious about these. Like what I've heard on the web so I hope to be checking them out for myself in person soon. I've certainly got to the point in life where I'm fed up lugging a huge rig around, certainly for smaller gigs anyway.

Anybody know anywhere that's doing these cheap(er)?[/quote]

Yeah - Nick Beggs has a great sound through his TC rig :)

I'd recommend BassDirect and Bonners (the latter does finance deals) and Bass Merchant was another I was looking at. I ended up going with Bonners and they were really helpful and didn't seem to mind my regular emails/phone calls with questions :rolleyes:

I'm really impressed by the sound from such a small rig - makes me wonder why I was dragging around so much gear before.

J

Edited by JayGarrett

[quote name='Conan' post='700226' date='Jan 4 2010, 09:18 AM']Been reading these reviews and comments with interest! Thanks guys!

One thing that I've noticed is that there is a massive price difference between the amp and the cabs. Any reasons for this? Would the TC cabs be compatible with other amps? Does it imply that the cabs are not made to quite the same standards, or has someone made a mistake in the pricing policy? :rolleyes:[/quote]

I can't see why they wouldn't be compatible to be honest. I've not seen any lack in quality with my RS210 and, starting Friday, me and the TC rig will be gigging once or twice a week for forseeable future :)

J

[quote name='alanbass1' post='708292' date='Jan 10 2010, 10:31 PM']Anyone paired an RH450 with Bergantino cabs - specifically the HT112/EX112?[/quote]

I know there was some talk about this on talkbass. Not sure what the outcome was. I do believe the lows were HUGE so they had to dial some out. No doubt it will be fantastic.

Read through as many of the pages as I could on the Talkbass thread(s) and the net result is that I have just ordered one from Mark at Bass Direct. Seems that I have an ever increasing bass amp collection to to go with my bass collection!

Edited by alanbass1

[quote name='alanbass1' post='708755' date='Jan 11 2010, 01:04 PM']Read through as many of the pages as I could on the Talkbass thread(s) and the net result is that I have just ordered one from Mark at Bass Direct. Seems that I have an ever increasing bass amp collection to to go with my bass collection![/quote]

+1 same here. I think im more addicted to amps than basses....and Im not even gigging at the moment.

If you are anything like me, you will really enjoy this amp.

I like how they've created different amps based on (what I assume to be) the same power section. The classic is a great idea for those who just like to sort their eq out once, then plug and play; the RH450's programmable eq settings is just plain GENIUS! I love it.

However, I'm not quite sure where the Staccato fits in. At a cursory glance I can't see any obvious differences in the feature set of the RH450 and the Staccato. Can anyone enlighten me?

The Staccato has a different EQ setup and tubetone/compressor when it is set 'flat'. I tested both the amps, and the main difference was the HUGE low end from the Staccato on the same settings as the RH450. The RH has a big low end anyway, so you can imagine what it sounds like. Plus, it was a little scooped for the finger funk style. Obviously, you can EQ them both to sound like each other. Basically, its Rocco's settings when the amp is set flat.

The RH does everything I need. If you really dig Rocco, the Staccato would be cool.

Edited by Musicman20

[quote name='Musicman20' post='712119' date='Jan 14 2010, 12:02 AM']Apparently the NAMM release for TC is the Combo 450 with either the Classic or Staccato amp head as well as the RH450.

Im hoping they dont make a new RH450 for a while!

New finish on the cabinets as well with diff placement of the badge, (as per the ones I ordered).[/quote]

Ooooo - I'll have to track down some pics of the new finish and logo position. But this will mean that when I eventually get my second cab they wont match :) Oh well.

I took my rig to its first gig (The Lexington in Angel) and it sounds great when it's loud! Up until then I had only heard it at around 8 O'clock but at 10/11 o'clock....... wow! It's puncy, clear, defined and the tube overdrive is lush!

I'm gigging at The Flag in Watford tomorrow (Saturday) and next Friday I'll be at Luton University Student Uni with the BBC Introducing Team.

J

[quote]TC Electronic Combos: Just discovered that by removing one screw you can slot any of the TCE Amps in there should you want to swap them about or even just take the amp someplace[/quote]

That is EXACTLY what I wanted to know :) The option to remove the head for separate transport should be a standard feature if all they've done is just ram a RH/Classic/Staccato head in a speaker housing.

Play a gig on Saturday with my TC 450 Rebel, 2 x10 and 2 x 12 cabs and once again I was well pleased with the sound, oodles of power, lots of tone, loads of grunt - I'm loving it more each time I use it.

[attachment=40483:TC_rig.jpg]

and here's my pedal board with the foot controller...with the functionality on the amp i don't need anything else - simplez! :)

[attachment=40484:TC_rig2.jpg]

Not heard about the combos I'll need to check it out!

[quote name='urban Bassman' post='716710' date='Jan 18 2010, 03:58 PM']Play a gig on Saturday with my TC 450 Rebel, 2 x10 and 2 x 12 cabs and once again I was well pleased with the sound, oodles of power, lots of tone, loads of grunt - I'm loving it more each time I use it.

[attachment=40483:TC_rig.jpg]

and here's my pedal board with the foot controller...with the functionality on the amp i don't need anything else - simplez! :)

[attachment=40484:TC_rig2.jpg]

Not heard about the combos I'll need to check it out![/quote]

These look great, guess the only decision is 2x210 or 210 & 212

The combos seem more pricey than separates, is it the same head just housed in the enlarged cabinet?

[quote name='Musicman20' post='708855' date='Jan 11 2010, 02:18 PM']The RH does everything I need. If you really dig Rocco, the Staccato would be cool.[/quote]

At twice the price!? You would have to REALLY dig Rocco to justify that!! :)

[quote name='lojo' post='716624' date='Jan 18 2010, 02:30 PM']Been reading this with interest, the tuner/rehearsal inputs/headphones etc interest me because since i sold my combo i have no quite practice equipment at home

How do these compare with LMII heads soundwise?[/quote]
I had a LM2 before I bought my RH450 and I have to say I loved the Markbass

-- but the RH450 is so much more versatile in every aspect -- defo wouldnt go back to the LM2!