Why become a member? ×

Markbass Mini CMD 121P - simplest of upgrades

alanbass1

Sorry to reignite a necro thread, but thought I'd chime in with my experience today. So, I've had the CMD121P for about 12 months and I also have the NYC extension cab for larger stages, having come back to MarkBass after not being happy with the Aguilar set up I was using. I found that I got a much better sound, for me, with the Mark Bass flat than I did with the Aggie. But, the HF/tweeter on the CMD is horrible and I have struggled with that since day 1. I've actually been looking at other rigs lately, thinking that the CMD wasn't quite 'there' for me because of that awful HF. Then, boom, I came across this thread today and thought 'it's a simple non-destructive hack so let's give it a go'.

Wow. Just Wow! The difference removing the x-over makes is amazing (to me). It's like I've been playing it under a duvet for the last year and suddenly the duvet is removed! Like the pool water has suddenly drained from your ears!

It's now the sound I'd been hoping for originally - can't wait to get it into a venue later this week and see how it behaves on stage. For reference, playing a US Sadowsky 5 into it through a Cali76 bass compressor - the growl has most definitely 'come alive'!

Thanks to the OP for a 10 year old hack 🙂

• Like 1