Why become a member? ×

Ibanez SR500 vs Cort Artisan B4

Lew-Bass

tbh you'll do well to get any better than the ibanez for its price. its an absolutely beautiful bass, very light, very slim neck, exceptionally versatile, IMO looks 100 times better than the cort.

although like Jay said, give them both a try, see which feels right for you. in fact, set yourself a price limit and try everything in the shop within that price limit, you might find that although the ibanez and cort sound like your sort of thing, something completely different might suprise you and be much more what you're looking for. theres no harm in trying something different, anyway, and i cant imagine shop keepers will mind if you make it clear that you're actually looking to buy.

[quote name='Lew-Bass' post='665342' date='Nov 25 2009, 05:15 PM']Two very similar basses, same electronics; what are everyone's opinions? Any good, which one is better etc.

Comments appreciated, thanks[/quote]I've had a couple of SR's .. nice slim necks (good if you used to play some guitar like me lol) can't comment on the Cort tho but you're welcome to come & try my Ibanez DWB3 out as it's basically a high end SR in my opinion ..
had 18v mod done & it's got EMG's if that helps ...

cheers

Simon

Can't comment on the Ibanez but have the Cort which I ended up with in a deal, I wasn't really keen till I'd tried it (it's a long story) but been really happy with it over the past 2 months, good range of tones, nice and light and plays superbly - what more could I want!

Edited by KevG