Why become a member? ×

Amp Repairs - East Anglia

3V17C

ok so one of the outputs has gone on my ampeg power amp...its old and secondhand and quite likely to be sold on quite soon. so was wondering if anyone knew of a handy amp repair man preferably around the norwich kinda area (don't wanna be sending it off as postage costs would be hefty..like the amp itself!) that can fix this up nice n cheap??

peace

c

[quote name='3V17C' post='5891' date='May 24 2007, 04:57 PM']ok so one of the outputs has gone on my ampeg power amp...its old and secondhand and quite likely to be sold on quite soon. so was wondering if anyone knew of a handy amp repair man preferably around the norwich kinda area (don't wanna be sending it off as postage costs would be hefty..like the amp itself!) that can fix this up nice n cheap??
peace

c[/quote]

Not near norwich but Panic Music in Swavesey, just north of Cambridge are official Ampeg repairers I think.

[quote name='peted' post='5952' date='May 24 2007, 06:38 PM']Clive. Neil from Dragline does amp fixing and electrical work. Have you had a word with him?[/quote]

oh thats interesting..... was in stanton with dan from dragline so will get in touch

cheers

c

[quote name='3V17C' post='6032' date='May 24 2007, 08:53 PM']oh thats interesting..... was in stanton with dan from dragline so will get in touch

cheers
c[/quote]

Dan delivered all the hardware for my new Gas boiler the other day! Awesome singer that guy! We used to share the bill sometimes down at 'The Oval' before it closed.

Errmmm.. I don't know any amp techs at the mo. - I'm seeing an opening here.. I am (was) a qualified electronics engineer, but it has been some years since I have done it! ;o)

• 14 years later...
5 hours ago, BassAdder27 said:

Try the Guitar Lodge Felixstowe 

Steve is a great guy and his father in law does the amp repairs and I’ve used him.

Very reasonable prices and lovely guy 

Father in law has now retired, alas. It was Steve who pointed us at Suffolk Sound Services. Though I reckon Paul Glazebrook could be the man for this particular job.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...