Why become a member? ×

EB Coated Strings..

danny-79

Recently ordered a set of ernie ball coated strings (regulars 105-50) just woundering what other players think of them ?
i found that thay played in relativly quickly compaired to the nickle that i normaly use an after nearly a month there still full of tone an sound great,
just on the down side the squeek that you get of new-new strings doesnt seen to be faiding just getting worse if anything ??, what do the people out there think ?

havent tried these but have used elixirs which keep that played in sound right from around week 1 till they drop

regarding squeak...if it seems worse its because the low fundamentals are dying and arent in quite so good balance

that is when i know my strings are going goodbye...and then another good buy takes their place

when strings are new the fundamentals are up there and talking out firmly...the squeaks are then in a lower order of sound
my present strings are like that so i will be getting some new ones

which??...here we go again...the merry go round of whats best or ££ value

did you see my post on adagio strings...£7 a set on ebay plus a £1 postage

[quote name='velvetkevorkian' post='663174' date='Nov 23 2009, 09:14 PM']If by "new string squeak" you mean finger noise when moving along the string, surely that's just part of the longer lasting treble coated strings have? That's my perception as a long time Elixir user anyway.[/quote]

i find this gets worse as the strings get older..i thought those frequencies were picked up easier and amplified more as one tries to up the amplification on the lesser and lower frequencies died out due to age of the string..dirt etc