Why become a member? ×

Hello from Brum

cureswhatailsye

Hello all,

Sayin hi as a new member from Birmingham. Play functions with 7 piece soul band, playing Big Band with MYJO, do a lot of rehearsal and gig depping, and generally whatever bits of jazz, soul and RnB I can get!

Rely solely on my trusty Yamaha TRB1004 (as a very skint student, cannot afford a stack of basses, and this one does me just fine), paired up with recent investment of Eden WTX500 through an Aguilar GS112 (soon to have a twin brother!)

Favourite living players: Nathan East/Jimmy Haslip/Pino (Can't wait to see Nathan tomorrow!)

Cheers guys.

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I am in the same general area. born and brought up in West Bromwich, now just down the road in Wolverhampton.

Brum used to be one of the best places for music shops in my youth....Musical Exchange was on Broad Street, Woodroffes was in Dale End, Yardleys was on Snow Hill.....Oh how times have changed.

[quote name='arsenic' post='661094' date='Nov 21 2009, 03:30 PM']Brum used to be one of the best places for music shops in my youth....Musical Exchange was on Broad Street, Woodroffes was in Dale End, Yardleys was on Snow Hill.....Oh how times have changed.[/quote]

I agree...my first job was in the Bass Centre in Snow Hill, up until it closed in 2003...a dream job for a 16 year old...spent all day playin on £2000 basses and Eden amps...shame its gone!

[quote name='brummie' post='661473' date='Nov 22 2009, 12:25 AM']Hi,
We're taking over the forum!
Roll on the Brummies[/quote]

Let me see.....A Brummie......Says "From Ealing" in his profile......and a picture of the Krankies.....

That is some identity crisis you must have there my friend. :)