Why become a member? ×

Basses on the settee

neilb

23 hours ago, Doctor J said:

I picked up this Stingray in a trade earlier this week and I've noticed an unintentional trend developing. Honeyburst horde?

9CE6679F-A13A-4424-AD37-45CC18B10431.jpeg

Wow.

Love the Godlyke. Wonder where my blue one went…

Anyhow, amber/honeyburst - see below 

970BD8DE-343D-4458-8475-7A9D355DE032.thumb.jpeg.6e5bd160bdb429b02f0dceeae24c499b.jpeg

• Like 3

The Godlyke is like that for me. I have it around the same time and it's just too foxy to part with. It came with the Barts as stock and it's just flawless. I used to have a 5 string twin a couple of serial numbers out but, by contrast, although it played superbly I could never get it to sound the way I wanted so sold it 7 or 8 years ago.

I get the feeling the Blade is in the forever camp, too. Putting the Sadowsky preamp into it has elevated it into the flawless category.

Edited by Doctor J
  • Like 1

NBD: 

It's a Tiger (??) bass I'm pleasantly surprised with the tone, build quality and playability! I went for it cos its kinda got a fortress-ish vibe to it! 

Its immaculate the old fella who I got it off only played it twice after trying bass for the first time and decided its not for him, it was only £40 aswell! Bargain!!......... 👍🏻 

_20211101_142014.thumb.JPG.a7274ee9ea7b56f78305ed7409da281f.JPG

Edited by Jimothey
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Had to use the wide angle lens on my phone for this one.

From left to right, top row: Dingwall Combustion 5 - 1994 Music Man Sterling - 2018 Fender JMJ Mustang - 1971 Fender Precision - Sterling CA34 w/ Status fretless neck - 2001 Yamaha BB N5II

From left to right, bottom row: 2013 De Gier Bebop 5 - 2001 Blade B2 Tetra Bass - 1966 Fender Jazz - 2001 Fender Standard Jazz fretless - 2019 De Gier Soulmate 4

In the stands are two Sadowsky MetroExpress JJ basses in sage green, four and five string.

IMG_7388.jpg

Edited by BassAgent
  • Like 7