Why become a member? ×

Basses on the settee

neilb

• 3 weeks later...

Yet another rainy day in Osaka, stuck at home needing to do some housework and because of a happy vacuuming coincidence these four ended up having to be on the sofa for a little while. Seemed like a perfect opportunity...

(L to R; early Roscoe LG3005, Wal powered self-build, Stingray/ Status, Zon Sonus 8-string)20210904_005133.jpg

Edited by dutchwife
  • Like 11

My sofa isn't big enough so had to split the collection between Jazz and non-Jazz (although technically the Yamaha is wired like a Jazz).IMG_5764.thumb.jpg.9c80ba02f87767202b8746e1f6b5e2ce.jpg

From left to right: Sadowsky MetroExpress JJ4, De Gier Bebop 5, Fender Standard Jazz Bass fretless (with De Gier prototype pickups), 1966 Fender Jazz, Blade B2 Tetra Bass, Sadowsky MetroExpress JJ5

IMG_5765.thumb.jpg.05af8c0e683fc954a4a025e7f4e5a36d.jpg

From left to right: Fender Justin Meldal-Johnsen Signature Mustang, 1971 Fender Precision, De Gier Soulmate, Sterling Ray 34 w/ Status fretless neck and Nordstrand MM4.2 pickup, Dingwall Combustion 5, Yamaha BB N5II

• Like 12

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 14/08/2021 at 13:07, martthebass said:

An eclectic bunch but all 4 string fretted. Shorties on the bottom, JMJ Mustang, Dano Longhorn and Mickey Way Mustang. Longies on the top, Status CW Sig, 2010 Ric 4003 and 2013 EBMM Sterling 4H.

F4962513-7F81-4019-8FFE-EF5A1CDE7252.jpeg

I have always liked the Danelectro body and that looks stunning....but the headstock! especially surrounded by class

• Like 1

On 05/09/2021 at 09:38, BassAgent said:

My sofa isn't big enough so had to split the collection between Jazz and non-Jazz (although technically the Yamaha is wired like a Jazz).IMG_5764.thumb.jpg.9c80ba02f87767202b8746e1f6b5e2ce.jpg

From left to right: Sadowsky MetroExpress JJ4, De Gier Bebop 5, Fender Standard Jazz Bass fretless (with De Gier prototype pickups), 1966 Fender Jazz, Blade B2 Tetra Bass, Sadowsky MetroExpress JJ5

IMG_5765.thumb.jpg.05af8c0e683fc954a4a025e7f4e5a36d.jpg

From left to right: Fender Justin Meldal-Johnsen Signature Mustang, 1971 Fender Precision, De Gier Soulmate, Sterling Ray 34 w/ Status fretless neck and Nordstrand MM4.2 pickup, Dingwall Combustion 5, Yamaha BB N5II

The Blade is an understated gem

• Like 2

19 hours ago, BCH said:

I have always liked the Danelectro body and that looks stunning....but the headstock! especially surrounded by class

The last time I saw a headstock like that was on something I was playing in a primary school music lesson.  Hopefully the tuning machines are geared to allow easy turning of those diddly little pegs with sweaty fingers.  Actually, I have nothing but love for these quirky, great sounding basses... no, really! ☺️

Edited by scrumpymike
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, scrumpymike said:

The last time I saw a headstock like that was on something I was playing in a primary school music lesson.  Hopefully the tuning machines are geared to allow easy turning of those diddly little pegs with sweaty fingers.  Actually, I have nothing but love for these quirky, great sounding basses... no, really! ☺️

Yep, using guitar tuners on a bass I'd always considered to be a recipe for disaster.  The tuners on this example are a little stiff but work ok and keep tuning pretty well.  I don't tend to use this bass on gigs but I wouldn't have a problem with using it should the correct opportunity present itself.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, elbassisto said:

Fodera Emperor Deluxe Custom peacock maple top 5, FBass BN4 cocobolo top, Wal Mk3 5 spalted top, Ken Smith Elite 5 ebony top, Fodera Imperial Elite Richard Bona olive burl top.

image.png

Interesting how the Smith and Wal have the same pickup placement, and then the others are centred around the front half of the bridge on the Wal and the neck pickup being a step forward

Hi, here's a photo of my four cheap basses. L-R: Tokai Hardpuncher ltd., Spector Rebop 5, Harley Benton HBZ 2005 Deluxe, Blade B3 rescued bass.

I just recently bought the Spector and am liking it so far.  The Harley Benton will be sold soon as I don't need two 5 stringers, but it's a good bass for the money.  

The Blade was accidentally broken to pieces many years ago but my father glued it together again and painted it.  I lost the original pickups and electronics so it is now passive with Dimarzio pickups and an old unknown bridge.

z

IMG_4018.JPEG

IMG_4019.JPEG

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...