Why become a member? ×

Basses on the settee

neilb

16 hours ago, LukeFRC said:

are they Lace Alumatone pickups in the one on the left? 

Whats the red one - the PG is different to a normal P bass though it looks familiar. 
Which is your main player? 
Why am I asking so many questions? 

Status Graphite neck?

WQH8Nr4.jpg

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, marleaux62 said:

That jazz looks lovely 

It is really good - I had been thinking of building one from parts and I happened to walk into a shop which had it hanging on the wall there.

Status Graphite neck, Warmoth body, Hipshot tuners, Badass bridge, John East J-Retro preamp, and not sure what pickups.

jLJBZxP.jpg

I had its partnering fretless too, but I sold that on, as I only need one fretless.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LukeFRC said:

I think you quoted the wrong person but it’s all gravy - my first bass was a status (!) so I like them 

I quoted your question about @ordep's post "Whats the red one - the PG is different to a normal P bass though it looks familiar." - the red one looks like it's got a Status Graphite neck on it. 🙂

2 hours ago, molan said:

I certainly used to own a Modulus VJ but I can’t remember much about it now. 

Cost me just £650 back when I bought it 🤦‍♂️

perhaps this will help you remember? 😀

Yeah I can still remember when flea basses use to sell used for less than a grand. 

8201D938-BB37-4FE1-A955-1041F8411C9B.jpeg

Edited by ordep
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, ordep said:

perhaps this will help you remember? 😀

Yeah I can still remember when flea basses use to sell used for less than a grand. 

8201D938-BB37-4FE1-A955-1041F8411C9B.jpeg

That definitely looks like he same one I had. 

At the same time I had a black Flea that I really should have kept. It had a pair of Lane Poor pickups, a boost switch and a funky inlay of Randy Hope-Taylor at the 12th fret!

• Like 2

Here are a few,

of them all the two stand out ones the dark wal in the middle iv had since the 80s and nearly worn it out so that is retired and the red 83 G&L L2000 is the only thing i have found to replace it in terms of power and the sound that i use, both are as good as each other for the same reason.  The very early ( first few months) thumb bass sounds great very clean sound but just cant play it live, i cant take my eyes of the fret board everything feels too fat left by a few fretts, and just cant get use to it, the green 6 string XB600 washburn for what i paid is a real surprise, such a great sound low action and nice fast slim neck for me is bang on, all my 6 string fretted stuff is done on that, i would put that per sound against anything, sometimes things just work at any price, this one for me is my proof, each to their own and all that 🙂 IMG_1360.jpg.b0c48f5183991828e3e5a65c801cc3eb.jpg

Edited by funkgod
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
1 minute ago, Chiliwailer said:

A bit Stingray heavy after getting back my beloved & long lost ‘95 Ray, 25 years after I originally bought it.

So the bottom 3 are now the only ones put out to play now that it’s back. 

BE7BDB6D-1EFE-4C0A-BC23-BFB0805F7033.jpeg

7A32BBA9-4219-4594-87DE-6F0C256A6B99.jpeg

Nice collection chili, loving that jazz ☝️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1