Why become a member? ×

Barefaced Auralex IsoTilt blocks

alexclaber

I now have lots of these in stock. 12"x4"x2" - two for £10, £5P&P (obviously zero P&P if you're getting a cab at the same time).

They're made of Auralex PlatFoam (as used on the GRAMMA). Two are sufficient to float a rig up to about 150lbs in weight, and thus mechanically isolate it from wooden stages/floors. If you want to tilt your cab back yet still isolate it then use one 2" high at the back and one 4" high at the front, or use one 4" high at the front to tilt and partially isolate. Keep them in your gigbag with your bass, they'll fit neatly next to its neck and they weigh almost nothing.

Handy problem solvers, you never know when they'll come in useful!

Email us at [email protected] if you want some.

Alex

Edited by alexclaber

[quote name='alexclaber' post='660437' date='Nov 20 2009, 06:31 PM']I now have lots of these in stock. 12"x4"x2" - two for £10, £5P&P (obviously zero P&P if you're getting a cab at the same time).

They're made of Auralex PlatFoam (as used on the GRAMMA). Two are sufficient to float a rig up to about 150lbs in weight, and thus mechanically isolate it from wooden stages/floors. If you want to tilt your cab back yet still isolate it then use one 2" high at the back and one 4" high at the front, or use one 4" high at the front to tilt and partially isolate. Keep them in your gigbag with your bass, they'll fit neatly next to its neck and they weigh almost nothing.

Handy problem solvers, you never know when they'll come in useful!

Alex[/quote]

I have been toying with the idea of getting a gramma but this might be a better way
On the gramma pads the platform pads run left to right and extend the full width of the cab ie they are 24 in wide give or take
Do you suggest the 12 " lengths are run left to right supporting the middle of the cab only or front to back assuming you are not tilting
Does that make sense?

[quote name='Rowbee' post='664488' date='Nov 24 2009, 10:58 PM']...two BF Compacts and a MB SA450 sitting on top...[/quote]

Hey Rowbee, I've got the exact same setup! How you getting on with yours?
I love the combination and sounds coming out of it.

Cheers,
Jon

[quote name='alexclaber' post='664717' date='Nov 25 2009, 08:40 AM']One pair will be fine.

Alex[/quote]

Then I think I'll be in touch soon to order. :)

[quote name='jonthebass' post='664762' date='Nov 25 2009, 09:40 AM']Hey Rowbee, I've got the exact same setup! How you getting on with yours?
I love the combination and sounds coming out of it.

Cheers,
Jon[/quote]

Hi Jon. I currently have the one cab but am picking up the other one next week. To be honest I'm happy for most gigs with just the one but worry that there may be occasions on larger gigs where I might just need that little bit more. In terms of sound, I think the combination of amp and cab is superb and the fact that I can carry all the kit I'll need for the night from car to venue in one go is a huge bonus.

[quote name='Rowbee' post='664900' date='Nov 25 2009, 11:52 AM']Hi Jon. I currently have the one cab but am picking up the other one next week. To be honest I'm happy for most gigs with just the one but worry that there may be occasions on larger gigs where I might just need that little bit more. In terms of sound, I think the combination of amp and cab is superb and the fact that I can carry all the kit I'll need for the night from car to venue in one go is a huge bonus.[/quote]

Oh, I see. In that case you won't be disappointed!
The 2 Compacts stacked on top of each other are great. The output power is truly trouser flapping :)

Back on track with this topic - I think I may need to get some of these Iso blocks...

Hi Alex,

My bass port points diagonally at the floor because I have a Mesa Boogie wedge combo and the port is on the 45 degree angle bit underneath (does that make sense?) I know the Auralex blocks will isolate mechanical vibrations from a wooden floor but do you have any idea how much that will be negated because the port is firing bass vibrations just inches from that same floor?

Cheers,
Steve.

[quote name='stevebasshead' post='665081' date='Nov 25 2009, 01:57 PM']My bass port points diagonally at the floor because I have a Mesa Boogie wedge combo and the port is on the 45 degree angle bit underneath (does that make sense?) I know the Auralex blocks will isolate mechanical vibrations from a wooden floor but do you have any idea how much that will be negated because the port is firing bass vibrations just inches from that same floor?[/quote]

The downfiring port will be little or no worse than the acoustic output from the woofer(s) or any other port, when it comes to acoustically exciting the floor. Bass vibrations don't get 'fired' so much as they swell outwards like a massive expanding balloon, they're very big waves indeed!

Alex

[quote name='jonthebass' post='664907' date='Nov 25 2009, 11:54 AM']Oh, I see. In that case you won't be disappointed!
The 2 Compacts stacked on top of each other are great. The output power is truly trouser flapping :)

Back on track with this topic - I think I may need to get some of these Iso blocks...[/quote]

I got my second cab today and only turned the SA450 up to 9 o'clock but I genuinely feared I would be causing structural damage to my house! These Compact cabs really are amazing - I think I've finally found the cabs I've been looking for!

Also back on track, I will definitely be getting hold of some of these blocks too very soon.