Why become a member? ×

Jake's Synapse

Cabal

I haven't posted in a while, but i today i just have to share the news.

I finally got that Synapse i'd been wanting a few months back. I've wanted to own a Steinberger since sometime in the 80's, but being diagnosed with an ongoing chronic back condition recently prompted me to actively track the beast down, it being a relatively lightweight and "ergonomic" instrument etc.

Just got it back from JayDee today after a full set-up. There ain't nothing finer than a proper professional set-up. Well worth the money i reckon.

Anyway, that's all. I'm chuffed and i want the world to know it. :)

Cheers,

Jake M

Edited by Cabal

[quote name='budget bassist' post='659367' date='Nov 19 2009, 04:10 PM']awesome, i'm not a huge fan but i can appreciate that it may work better for you than a regular bass, enjoy it! Is it one of the carbon ones? How does it sound? pics?[/quote]
The Synapse is made from some sort of graphite/wood composite material with a hard maple neck and a phenolic fretboard.

Sound wise, its not as "fierce" as some active basses when you play with a trebly sound, which i do. The various EQs are particularly good. I usually find that however many sounds you can supposedly get from an EQ, i can never actually find one i like, or even anything usable. Probably just me. :-) Anyway, not so here, its really versatile. It goes from very bright and active sounding like a Stingray, to quite passive and grunty like a Fender. It came as quite a surprise that i could make this bass sound like a Precision, or at least in the ball park. Great for deep reggae sounds too.

It seems to do everything, basically. :-)

There's a pic below, but i don't have one of my own bass specifically at the moment.

Cheers,

Jake M

Edited by Cabal

[quote name='clauster' post='659535' date='Nov 19 2009, 07:22 PM']Hi Jake, did you have to import it yourself or is there a UK dealer for Steinberger?[/quote]
No, i didn't import it and i don't know of a UK dealer unfortunately. I don't think there is one. USA websites won't ship to the UK either. I kept my eyes peeled for a private sale for a few months, and eventually bought it from a Basschatter. Hurrah!

They come up on ebay from time to time, but otherwise they're very difficult to get hold of, as you probably know.

Actually, i'd like another... :)

Cheers,

Jake M

Edited by Cabal

[quote name='Cabal' post='659765' date='Nov 19 2009, 11:32 PM']No, i didn't import it and i don't know of a UK dealer unfortunately. I don't think there is one. USA websites won't ship to the UK either. I kept my eyes peeled for a private sale for few months, and eventually bought it from a Basschatter. Hurrah!

They come up on ebay from time to time, but otherwise they're very difficult to get hold of, as you probably know.

Actually, i'd like another... :)

Cheers,

Jake M[/quote]I've got one for sale !!

cheers

Si

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='The Burpster' post='669797' date='Nov 30 2009, 09:50 AM']Just a thought,

Anyone tried a back to back compariosn between an XL-2 and teh new Synapse.....?

Curious...

Oh and sifi how much is yor Synapse up for...?

Bob.[/quote]
Synapse = £550